Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She sent him to school sick!!!!! Seriously annoyed!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies

A parent of one of my kids posted on FB (we're acquaintances and friends on FB-we see each other once in awhile) that her son is sick and can't keep any food down. Apparently he seemed OK this morning and wanted to go to school so they sent him. He couldn't handle being at school and is getting picked up. In the comments she said they think he has the flu. How hard is it to call a nurses helpline, or a doctor/pediatrician, or take 10 seconds to type "when to send your kid back to school after he has the flu." I commeted on fb...I hope _____ doesn't get the flu. I can't afford to get sick either." Hopefully it came across that I was irritated on the post.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The flu isn't a stomach issue.  So he has a stomach virus?  In our area a kid has to be vomit and fever free for 24 hours.  Idiot parents send kids anyway and then more kids become ill.  

HoneyedMacabre
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM
8 moms liked this

Because being passive aggressive is always the right way to go about things.

The kid was contagious before he ever had symptoms so given the kid was in school all week if your kid is going to get sick, it has already happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM

It's ridiculous.

Quoting lukesmom2002:

The flu isn't a stomach issue.  So he has a stomach virus?  In our area a kid has to be vomit and fever free for 24 hours.  Idiot parents send kids anyway and then more kids become ill.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM

Ok genius how would YOU have handled it? I didn't wanna create buttloads of drama either.

Quoting HoneyedMacabre:

The kid was contagious before he ever had symptoms so given the kid was in school all week if your kid is going to get sick, it has already happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM
Sounds like a stomach virus or food poisoning not the Flu. Vomiting is not generally a sign of the flu. No reason to keep him if he stopped puking and had no other symptoms.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

If that was true then why post anything at all?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ok genius how would YOU have handled it? I didn't wanna create buttloads of drama either.

Quoting HoneyedMacabre:

HoneyedMacabre
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldnt have said anything at all.  What is the point?  She isnt going to change what she is doing because you dont like it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting HoneyedMacabre:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Get a flu shot if you're so concerned. The kid would be very ill and too fatigued to want to go to school if this was the actual flu. I know our doctor says to send the kids back to school whenever they feel better, have no fever, vomiting , or diarrhea.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM
4 moms liked this

getting sick is a part of life..unless you live on an island by yourself,you will be around other peoples germs..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Stomach bugs suck but oh well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)