Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just F**** stop!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I have this girl on my fb who i used to be semi good friends with and omg every friday (payday but no one knows that but dh and I) shes asking me for money! $15- $20 for diapers or formula or her kids meds like ugh.

And I get it shes a single mom to 2 but 1)thats her fault for producing with pos men and 2)not being stable. Yeah life happens I get it I was a teen mom but I NEVER asked for help,let alone someone ive barely talked tomin the past 6 years!

And it kills me to not help bc im that type of person but jfc I told her 2 weeks ago to go down to welfare & apply for cash aid and get started on filing for support. If she had listened to me shed have her cash aid.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:50 PM
Her children are not your responsibility don't be upset about it either. Like you said, SHE did it to herself. If I were you I'd tell her to fix her situation and to stop coming to you for money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:51 PM
You could offer to go with her to the welfare office or pick up the forms for her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:51 PM
You could offer to go with her to the welfare office or pick up the forms for her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:53 PM
And I totally would if she told me she needed a ride or whatever. Im all about helping but she never told me that she may need a ride last I knew she has a vehicle (or atleast is with a guy who has 1).

Quoting Anonymous 3: You could offer to go with her to the welfare office or pick up the forms for her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM
Did you give her the money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM
And I tried to by suggesting cash aid & theres ALWAYS temp jobs available in our area and they do rehire people. Ive gave her options on places to apply.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Her children are not your responsibility don't be upset about it either. Like you said, SHE did it to herself. If I were you I'd tell her to fix her situation and to stop coming to you for money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:56 PM
Oh hell no. We have way to many expenses rn! I have 2 new jobs ( so thats extra gas money),2 cars needing repairs,a baby on the way,and christmas!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Did you give her the money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:57 PM
Sounds like she's just lazy, you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink it! Def stress you don't need, maybe time to cut ties.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And I totally would if she told me she needed a ride or whatever. Im all about helping but she never told me that she may need a ride last I knew she has a vehicle (or atleast is with a guy who has 1).

Quoting Anonymous 3: You could offer to go with her to the welfare office or pick up the forms for her?
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM

She's clearly trying to take advantage of you. She chooses to ask someone that she has nothing to lose from and to ask them every payday. Quit feeling bad that you are not falling for it. If she needed help, she would go to people close to her, she wouldn't ask someone who hadn't said yes yet, she wouldn't need it multiple times a month.

Wait - you haven't said yes, have you? If you have, stop that right away! You are clearly being scammed, stop letting her get over on your like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Amen! I hate the area im in bc most of the moms my age are bums and shit -.- Yea i had her deleted for the longest time but id hoped 2 kids would make her grow up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like she's just lazy, you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink it! Def stress you don't need, maybe time to cut ties.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And I totally would if she told me she needed a ride or whatever. Im all about helping but she never told me that she may need a ride last I knew she has a vehicle (or atleast is with a guy who has 1).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)