Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They cried when I told them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I am divorcing their son. He is an alcoholic who said he wanted to get sober but then doesn't try. He is mean when he is drunk. He recently destroyed all of my grandmothers China because I wouldn't go get him liquor.

I knew they'd be sad but I didn't expect them to cry and beg me not to leave him.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
REmom616
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:14 PM
I wish you the best of luck.
cmmember
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:16 PM
I’m sorry. The best thing I got out of my divorce was my children and inlaws. Don’t stay if you are not happy. Obviously your ex has a problem and is not a good example for your children. Do what is best for you and your children. ~Hugs~
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM
You must be more than a dil to them. They really love you. But if he isn't willing to change, there is no reason to stay. You and for the sake of your kids, can't live that life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you I will need it.

Quoting REmom616: I wish you the best of luck.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:19 PM

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM
I love them, but I can't stay. Last time he tried to hit me our teenaged son got in between us. I can't bear the thought of any of the kids getting hurt.

Quoting cmmember: I’m sorry. The best thing I got out of my divorce was my children and inlaws. Don’t stay if you are not happy. Obviously your ex has a problem and is not a good example for your children. Do what is best for you and your children. ~Hugs~
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It is very possible that part of their emotion is based on finally having to face their son's alcoholism. As long as you were married, they could see things as possibly working out, and that he had someone who loved him. Now he will be on his own and his alcoholism may progress. I'm very sorry you have to go through this and wish you the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM
Yes and I love them. I will still go see them even after the divorce.

Quoting Geeez17: You must be more than a dil to them. They really love you. But if he isn't willing to change, there is no reason to stay. You and for the sake of your kids, can't live that life.
helenperuse
by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM
It was for selfish reasons I'm sure.
cmmember
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:23 PM
That is totally unacceptable behavior on your exes part. I would leave and wouldn’t care what your inlaws thought. Best of luck and wishes for happiness. Things will get better!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I love them, but I can't stay. Last time he tried to hit me our teenaged son got in between us. I can't bear the thought of any of the kids getting hurt.

Quoting cmmember: I’m sorry. The best thing I got out of my divorce was my children and inlaws. Don’t stay if you are not happy. Obviously your ex has a problem and is not a good example for your children. Do what is best for you and your children. ~Hugs~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)