Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever fallen in love with a house...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
That you can't afford?

There's a house for sale about 1 min away from my parents (I'm a single mom with a special needs child so staying close is awesome). I wasn't looking, it just caught my attention when I drove by so I looked it up. It's a 2 bed 1 bath house and it just felt like home. Unfortunately as a single mom, one income is just not enough to buy a house. I still feel attached though as pointless as it is.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Oh hell yeah. There's one here. Gorgeous. I saw it was for sale and looked it up and it was like...$3million or something ridiculous. The price had dropped drastically next time I looked - like $700,000, but that's still too much.

Oh.... AND it come with a second smaller home (complete with kitchen and all that shit.) That was the icing on the cake...since MIL currently lives with us.

Damn unaffordable house. Boo.

ETA I'll never own it, so here it is.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/30075-Ynez-Rd-Temecula-CA-92592/18170682_zpid/

Oh, and I was wrong. It sold for $975,000.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Fallen*
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM
Have you ever talked to someone to see if you would qualify? If you live "rural" ( my town has 30k people and is considered rural) there is the usda program that would help...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:33 PM

All the time! Even though we bought our house a few years ago I still get on the realtor app on my phone and look 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Yes I have! Can your parents help you?
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Yes. All the time lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I fell in love with a house that sold before we could put an offer on it. 

It has this gorgeous wrap-around porch and it kind of irks me that they don't decorate it the way I would've lol. 

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:37 PM

Oh yeah for sure, the one across the street that was for sale!  They remodeled it like the ones on HGTV!  5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dining room open concept living room kitchen, 4 car garage, beautifully landscaped yard! Its GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!  I love it, but at $300,000 its out of our budget!. It has sold...:((((

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:41 PM
Oh, yes. I wish I could still find the pics online. I'd post them. It was an old Victorian with built ins, designs in the floors, original woodwork, and pocket doors. It was beautiful. It wasn't out of our budget, but it was in a town with terrible schools, so we couldn't buy it.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:43 PM
I've always actively worked to avoid looking at houses I can't afford.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)