Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Real estate

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:18 AM
  • 59 Replies
Any realestate attorneys on here in california? Or paralegal who know anything about quiet titles?
by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMissfits
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:21 AM
No, but can I just say i hate real estate in CA. Prices. Disgustingly for both rent and mortgage
Dontbridiculous
by Live life laughing on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM
Ikr! But i inherited my moms house along with 3 other siblings, its now down to just me and my sister. Because of my disabilities i dont have to pay the mortgage as long as i live, which isnt long at all. But the mortgage co tried to get insurance on the titles and found small errors and refused to accept an explanation. They are trying to get me to do a quiet title to cover the so called cloud and its become a big mess. Im just needing advise or to hire someone wholl accept payments since ive been told its spendy. Although i pay everything and pay it alone on a limited income of 800 doesnt allow me money to pay out the butt. I already have to grunt n struggle to pay the insurance and taxes and unforseen repairs! Im in a money pit but have nowhere to go. California sucks for sure! Theve raised my taxes 3 times already! No reasons. Ugh

Quoting MissMissfits: No, but can I just say i hate real estate in CA. Prices. Disgustingly for both rent and mortgage
MissMissfits
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:32 AM
I'm sorry. I have no advice or help with that. But I wish you the best!

Quoting Dontbridiculous: Ikr! But i inherited my moms house along with 3 other siblings, its now down to just me and my sister. Because of my disabilities i dont have to pay the mortgage as long as i live, which isnt long at all. But the mortgage co tried to get insurance on the titles and found small errors and refused to accept an explanation. They are trying to get me to do a quiet title to cover the so called cloud and its become a big mess. Im just needing advise or to hire someone wholl accept payments since ive been told its spendy. Although i pay everything and pay it alone on a limited income of 800 doesnt allow me money to pay out the butt. I already have to grunt n struggle to pay the insurance and taxes and unforseen repairs! Im in a money pit but have nowhere to go. California sucks for sure! Theve raised my taxes 3 times already! No reasons. Ugh

Quoting MissMissfits: No, but can I just say i hate real estate in CA. Prices. Disgustingly for both rent and mortgage
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Dontbridiculous
by Live life laughing on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:53 AM
Thanks though!!

Quoting MissMissfits: I'm sorry. I have no advice or help with that. But I wish you the best!

Quoting Dontbridiculous: Ikr! But i inherited my moms house along with 3 other siblings, its now down to just me and my sister. Because of my disabilities i dont have to pay the mortgage as long as i live, which isnt long at all. But the mortgage co tried to get insurance on the titles and found small errors and refused to accept an explanation. They are trying to get me to do a quiet title to cover the so called cloud and its become a big mess. Im just needing advise or to hire someone wholl accept payments since ive been told its spendy. Although i pay everything and pay it alone on a limited income of 800 doesnt allow me money to pay out the butt. I already have to grunt n struggle to pay the insurance and taxes and unforseen repairs! Im in a money pit but have nowhere to go. California sucks for sure! Theve raised my taxes 3 times already! No reasons. Ugh

Dontbridiculous
by Live life laughing on Oct. 21, 2017 at 4:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM
This may sound insensitive, but if you’re not going to live long, don’t worry about it. Spend your time doing more pleasant things than dealing with attorneys and title companies.
Dontbridiculous
by Live life laughing on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:29 PM
I appreciate it im not offended, problem is if its not fixed theyll foreclose and they dont care.

Quoting Anonymous 2: This may sound insensitive, but if you’re not going to live long, don’t worry about it. Spend your time doing more pleasant things than dealing with attorneys and title companies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:47 PM

I'm intrigued by this.  Did your mother have clear title to the home at the time she died?  Did *she* have title insurance?  How long have you (and your siblings) owned the house?

If you're not required pay the mortgage, who is paying it?  Can the mortgage company actually repossess the house if the mortgage is being paid by someone?

What's your sister's role in all this?  Is she doing anything to help clear up the situation?

helenperuse
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)