Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I wear?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
My bf and I have reservations at a pretty upscale, fancyish (for here, probably wouldn't be considered fancy some places lol) restaurant tonight. I have never been to a place like this before. Dressing up for me usually mean my nicer jeans and boots instead of my every day jeans and Converse. Lol. I have no idea what I am supposed to wear to a place like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM
A dress would be my first suggestion. Otherwise a skirt and blouse would probably be acceptable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Lol. I don't have any shoes to wear with a dress. Ugh. I may have to raid my daughter's closet. She is way girlier than me. I don't even in dress pants or anything like that (because I think they are ugly as sin lol). I do have a couple of dresses but they are summery and I wear them with flip flops so not even close to dressy lol and it's Fall and chilly. I hope my daughter has something.

Quoting ddhb2007: A dress would be my first suggestion. Otherwise a skirt and blouse would probably be acceptable.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
I'd just wear my nicest jeans and cleanest converse.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM

A dress.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Get out shopping or start trying on your DDs clothes. I woukd not go in jeans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Lol I don't think the Converse part would fly. I am considering just wearing my nice, dark skinny jeans, a nice top and my black boots. Maybe. I am going to dig around my daughter's closet and see if she has something. If she doesn't I will probably go that route. The only dresses I personally own are sundresses I wear with flip flops and it's way too chilly for that lol

Quoting LeftieX: I'd just wear my nicest jeans and cleanest converse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM
I don't have time to go shopping. I am going to have to raid my daughter's closet and cross my fingers she has something that works. If she doesn't I'm probably stuck trying to make my nicest pair of jeans look dressed up enough lol.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: Get out shopping or start trying on your DDs clothes. I woukd not go in jeans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I think maybe some kind of tracksuit, only made of fancy material so it will be classy(like velour). Maybe some hoop earrings, maybe a rhinestone necklace that spells “Sugar”, and a ring on every finger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Either a summer maxi dress or a nice shirt and skirt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Hmm. Not really my style. Lmao. Or even close to it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think maybe some kind of tracksuit, only made of fancy material so it will be classy(like velour). Maybe some hoop earrings, maybe a rhinestone necklace that spells “Sugar”, and a ring on every finger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)