Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whose right here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Over heard a nasty fight between my bfs brother and his gf last night. And no, I wasn't sitting there being nosey, I was in bfs room watching tv and they were yelling so loud we heard everything.

Basically he is an electrician at a construction company. They are working a job that is an hour and a half away, working 10-12 hour days 7 days a week right now. So needless to say he isn't around much. This job has lasted all Summer and should be done by Christmas.

Gf is pissed that he is working so much. Says he is putting work before her. They've been together 2 years and she has 3 kids from a previous marriage.

So last night she is yelling that he is never around he is yelling that he can't help his work schedule and he's working the same schedule as everyone else. This goes on for awhile and he finally yells out that he is doing this for HER so they can get married and buy a house. (he makes REALLY good money, by the time Sunday rolls around he is making triple time which comes out to like $80 an hour. He and bf live together with a 3rd roommate so bills are low and he is able to save. He told me before he was saving for a house then when he gets enough for a downpayment he was going to propose).

She totally lost it on him and said she wasn't going to marry someone who would never be home and only work and ran off.

I feel bad for the guy.. he had just gotten off that crazy day and was home 15 min when the fight started. I can see her point too...but its not like this is his permanent schedule, their last job was local and 40 hours a week. Everyone is giving him so much shit for working so much right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM
I wouldn't be with a man who was never around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Sounds hard foe both of them. They need better communication skills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Even if its a temporary job?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't be with a man who was never around.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:58 PM
They aren't compatible. He should do himself a favor and dump her.
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:58 PM

I'm on his side, sometimes you have to sacrifice to get ahead. This is temporary. 

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:00 PM

What a bitch, let me guess she doesn't work right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:00 PM

The three kids should keep her busy during the days and she should be happy with him that he's making a life for him, her and *her* three kids. He could find a woman who has no kids, who would be more than appericative of a man making $80 dollars an hour on Sundays.

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Sounds like he might be better off cutting her loose
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Why? My husband works overseas, but he provides us with the most amazing life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't be with a man who was never around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Right that is my thinking too. I may be a little old school... but bf has times where he works from 6a until8 or 9 at night. If I am around I make sure he has food to eat when he comes home, and I let him rest, not bitch at him for working so late.

My dad was in the military. I remember him being on duty for 2-3 days in a row and coming home so exhausted he could barely move and my mom taking his boots off and putting him to bed. She never said a word to him about it.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I'm on his side, sometimes you have to sacrifice to get ahead. This is temporary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)