Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM demanded that SD come home with her and SD told her to f*** off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Bm had something she wanted SD to go to today. SD told her no because she already had plans. She is 17 and has a job, extra curriculars, and an active social life

Well BM showed up at the house anyway and banged on the door. I answered it first and she asked for SD. SD went and talked to her and told her again she already had plans, that she should have asked before the last minute because she wasnt going to cancel her plans

BM said that her plans didnt matter. That BM was her mother and she listened to what her mother said. She demanded SD get in the car with her. SD full on told her to fuck off. 

I was pretty shocked. I have never heard SD even cuss before. She closed the door and locked it. I decided to just leave the situation how it was. Me getting involved would set BM out even more. 

DH was not very happy about how SD spoke to her mother but he wasnt mad at her or anything. BM is still flipping out. Demanding that SD be grounded for at least a month. That isnt going to happen. DH did talk to her about how it was not okay for her to tell her mom to fuck off, that there were more respectful ways to handle that, but he feels grounding her is too much. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
As I said in the post that was tje dad showing up, kids should not have to drop everything because the parent that doesn't have them that week wants them. Call ahead and make plans. At 17 that even makes it worse than the the other since teens normally have an active social life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM
It sounds like your SD and her mom already had a bad relationship. BM needs to back off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh typical teen crap. But to me at 17 she should be able to make her own choices and if BM wants her somewhere then she needs to let her know in advance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I always wonder what parents expect their almost adult children to respond with after provoking them and disregarding their lives, commitments, and opinions.

I WOULD expect a consequence to be given for the profanity—just as if she used that towards any other person.
anononononon
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:52 PM
3 moms liked this
My mom would have smacked the shit out of me if I’d talked to her like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:55 PM
The mother shouldn't have made that stupid power play. She'd already been told no.

Quoting anononononon: My mom would have smacked the shit out of me if I�d talked to her like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Well she got her point across! Lol Does she live with her mom? If she lives with her mom, she'll probably be in trouble when she gets home! 😐
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:56 PM

Custody is technically 50/50 but SD only really goes to her moms here and there. 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Well she got her point across! Lol Does she live with her mom? If she lives with her mom, she'll probably be in trouble when she gets home! 😐

anononononon
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
She’s a minor, she doesn’t get a say. When she moves out and becomes an adult then she can say no. My parents never divorced so we didn’t get to play sides like some of these stepkids do. We sure as hell didn’t get to talk to our parents like that with no consequences.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The mother shouldn't have made that stupid power play. She'd already been told no.

Quoting anononononon: My mom would have smacked the shit out of me if I�d talked to her like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Yeah that totally isnt the case. No one (legally) can force her to go over to her moms. 

She had plans, why should she drop them?

Quoting anononononon: She’s a minor, she doesn’t get a say. When she moves out and becomes an adult then she can say no. My parents never divorced so we didn’t get to play sides like some of these stepkids do. We sure as hell didn’t get to talk to our parents like that with no consequences.
Quoting Anonymous 2: The mother shouldn't have made that stupid power play. She'd already been told no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)