Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ranch Takes On Abortion

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
  • 131 Replies

The Netflix series The Ranch is taking on the subject of abortion.  The woman wants one, her lover doesn't want her to have one.  The young man bemoans that he doesn't get a say in whether or not the baby lives.  His mom tells him that he had the choice of wearing a condom and he chose wrong.  In other words, he already made his choice.

What are your thoughts?

by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree. Men have to wrap it. That's the reality. Not their feelings.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Agree. He made his choice.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I think I’ll be bashed for my opinion so I’ll keep it to myself, but I will say I was glad they tackled that particular subject. I watched it on Netflix and I felt bad for both of them, either way it’s a difficult choice to make
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:07 PM
I agree, it's the woman's choice ultimately to carry and deliver the baby. The woman is the one who has to go through the majority of the changes. It should be her choice to have the baby (or not) at the end of the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:22 PM
5 moms liked this
She doesn't get one though, she decides at the last minute to keep her baby. She only considered it because her sister had multiple children by different dads and she was freaked out. She realized it was not the right choice. They leave us hanging not knowing if she and she and the baby are okay, hopefully they don't have her lose the baby.

On topic though, men should have the right to not parent and not pay child support if he and the mother are not married if a woman can choose to abort or place the child up for adoption and not parent. If the dad wants to parent and she doesn't then a woman should have to let him do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Her body he has no say at this point.
NurseMommy22
by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe that since it's the woman's body she should have the final say on what happens...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it Hyde or Kelso?

reaandiziesmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
First of all the ranch is an amazing show. I never liked Ashton till now.

Second of all, if a woman is able to get an abortion without a mans say than a man should have the same amount of time , say 12 weeks, after he finds out about pregnancy or baby to opt out without responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Men have the first choice. They have a variety of options of where they can put their penis, and can control their sperm while it's in their body.  IF they don't want to lose that control, they should keep their sperm inside of them or make sure they have the means to keep it under control(condoms and spermicide) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)