Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t know whats wrong with me any one else feel this way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I cant get motivated. Im a sahm and I have things pretty easy. I take my dd to and from school each day and take care of my toddler son at home with the rest of my time. But i cant seem to get anything accomplished other than cooking cleaning and laundry. I feel like there are so many projects & things i should be able to get done but i never do 🙁. Im also 32 weeks pregnant and i lost my dad this summer. I dunno if im depressed or what. I still enjoy getting out of the house and doing things and talking with other mothers so that means im not depressed right?. I dunno maybe im just lazy. I just dont wanna feel this way. I use to be such a go getter 😞.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Same. I was very acrive witn my first when she was little. Now I have 2 and I'm so damn depressed and sad all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM
4 moms liked this
You might just be tired. You're taking care of a house, two kids and growing a human. That's a lot! Be easy on yourself. When you wake up write down things that you want to accomplish for that day. Make it reasonable. Like clean living room and vacuum house, take kids to park. Or whatever you (1) need to do then (2) want to do. Make yourself do those things. The more you see yourself get done the more you'll feel better.

I've been depressed most of my life and that's the only way I can ever get anything done. Some days I do t get anything accomplished and then I feel like crap at the end of the day. So I try to do better the next day.

You can do this!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear this. I dunno if im sad all the time... i just have no focus or drive., i love my kids so much and i always try to be happy for them and do things with them. I dunno, I really just dont know whats weong with me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Same. I was very acrive witn my first when she was little. Now I have 2 and I'm so damn depressed and sad all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u that is very practical and helpful advice.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You might just be tired. You're taking care of a house, two kids and growing a human. That's a lot! Be easy on yourself. When you wake up write down things that you want to accomplish for that day. Make it reasonable. Like clean living room and vacuum house, take kids to park. Or whatever you (1) need to do then (2) want to do. Make yourself do those things. The more you see yourself get done the more you'll feel better.

I've been depressed most of my life and that's the only way I can ever get anything done. Some days I do t get anything accomplished and then I feel like crap at the end of the day. So I try to do better the next day.

You can do this!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I've felt that way...still do, actually. My older brother committed suicide in February, and I am still processing that. I did the same thing when my mom died three years ago, it took me about 6 months to bounce back.

For me, I think it takes me longer to bounce back because I feel like I can't let myself fall apart completely when I'm grieving. I'm a sahm to 3 kids, two in elementary and one at home. I still have good hygiene, still laugh and play with my kids, still clean and do all the things I am responsible for...but I am not the same as before and definitely not an overachiever right now.

So...I get it. Maybe you're still just processing. Maybe you need to talk to someone, maybe you just need some time for yourself, I don't know. But you are definitely not alone in your feelings.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're going & getting a-plenty. Give yourself some credit.
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM

It sounds like you have depression.  I don't think you're 'just lazy.'  

And no, being able to enjoy things here and there doesn't mean depression is impossible.  It's more about your overall mood and day to day functioning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
I have been feeling the same way lately. Although mine is progressing to the point where I don’t want to do things. It’s really hard having no drive, but we will bounce back!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the passing of your dad is weighing heavily on you.  You may want to think about some counseling to get help on being able to process your feelings and greive.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:44 PM
You're pregnant, you have a toddler and one on the way. You're freakin busy! It happens. It's called life with kids. Once they're all in school you'll have more free time and energy to go after special projects.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)