Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She doesn't want to join the friggin airforce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My daughter is a senior and is applying for colleges. She wants to be a nurse and is looking for a BSN.

My ex is obsessed with the idea of her joining the air Force and getting a GI bill for college. He is retired military and pretty much thinks everyone should serve. She has no interest.

We paid money for 4 college apps today and that totalled almost $200. I texted him and asked him he could transfer some money to her account to cover the last 4 schools she is looking at and he flipped his fucking lid. He thinks paying for college applications is stupid and that she is stupid for not joining the military and accused her of treating him like a "wallet" because she won't do it. I'm so pissed. The military is not her path. I ended you telling him to shove it I'd cover her college apps and everything else somehow. I'm so frustrated. She is hurt and thinks he won't love her if she doesn't join but it's not for her and she doesn't want to. I feel awful for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM
Why is it every time I open a new post on this site it's just another dysfunctional fucked up family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess we are all fucked up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why is it every time I open a new post on this site it's just another dysfunctional fucked up family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:54 PM
What state are you in? Are college expenses required?
Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont assume it's a we thing..

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess we are all fucked up.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Why is it every time I open a new post on this site it's just another dysfunctional fucked up family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Your ex is an ass. There is no career that everyone should do. People like him deserve to suffer a lonely old age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM

Well, as my husband says "all families are dysfunctional, it's just a matter of degree"......of which my MIL replies "OUR family isn't dysfunctional " LOLOLOLOL......the denial proves the dysfunction !!!

To OP's issue....her dad is trying to bully her into joining the service.  The service isn't right for everyone, and your daughter needs to follow her own path.  It is great that you are supporting her and I hope she ends up where she belongs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess we are all fucked up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM
I'm in PA. What does that have to do with anything? Most colleges have application fees regardless of what state they are in.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What state are you in? Are college expenses required?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:50 AM
Yep. He's a stubborn ass. He thinks because he was career military every single one of his kids should at least serve for 4 years

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your ex is an ass. There is no career that everyone should do. People like him deserve to suffer a lonely old age.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:51 AM
In some states its required that divorced parents pay for their college expenses

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm in PA. What does that have to do with anything? Most colleges have application fees regardless of what state they are in.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What state are you in? Are college expenses required?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)