Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's with adult kids..I have an easy question for you...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

How do you feel about growing old and having to live with your adult kids? Would it work out?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:14 AM
As long as he pulled his weight, I wouldn't care
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:15 AM
I hope to get old & have a heart attack & go quickly. Iā€™m really not up for living with my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:17 AM
Oh. I don't know. She is 22 and not married. I think it depends a lot on how her DH and I get along.

Honestly, I hope she just puts me in a home. I don't what my end to be anymore traumatic for her than it needs to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:17 AM

I feel the same way.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I hope to get old & have a heart attack & go quickly. Iā€™m really not up for living with my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM

I'd have no problem with it. 

I don't think my dh would embrace it as much as I would be.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:20 AM

Nope - not for me.  Two of them are too messy for me (they aren't really "messy" - just not as particular about some things as I am).  The other two would simply drive me nuts.  One of the messy ones would WANT to be the one to take care of me.  Luckily - my husband is 9 years younger than me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:25 AM

What if something happens to your husband and you become sick?  And you need the kids help....

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Nope - not for me.  Two of them are too messy for me (they aren't really "messy" - just not as particular about some things as I am).  The other two would simply drive me nuts.  One of the messy ones would WANT to be the one to take care of me.  Luckily - my husband is 9 years younger than me.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:30 AM
I won't do it. I'll go into a home.
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:31 AM
I'm not hugely into the idea, however if for some reason it became a need, my two adult children and I get along very well, and I have very good relationships with both their partners.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope I can live out my days in some Golden Girls condo somewhere and go in the middle of bingo & cocktails.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)