Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your wedding budget?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
What was your max budget? How much did you end up spending?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:12 AM

We got married right after graduating college so our budget was small. We spent around $1000 of our own money. My sister and bil bought my dress. My mom bought my shoes and paid for my hair and makeup. My fil paid for most of the food. A friend volunteered to be our photographer. We had a lot of people volunteering to help out so we were able to make it bigger than originally planned. It was still small though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:17 AM
I am a bad example. The ceremony was in a church with reception hall and an LDS temple. It didn’t cost anything to use. We spent around $50 on temple things. We spent $75 on the cake and $50 on decorations. My parents paid $100 for food and $200 for my dress. My in-laws spent $100 on his full tux. My uncle did the photography (LDS temples have gorgeous landscaping and everything is pretty well set up for newlyweds). We were engaged for a few years so when gathering everything it was easy to wait for a good deal on things like clothes, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM

10k in 1993.   That is how much we spent.  Even back then it was not that much for the area we lived in. People do huge , expensive weddings here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:35 AM
Nothing, and license costs. We didn’t want one. Courthouse wedding was more our speed.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:59 AM
Nothing.

We spent maybe $200.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 6:10 AM

We were in college when we got married.  We had a very small church wedding, followed by cake and punch in the fellowship hall.

My dress was $100, my veil $110, my shoes $50-ish, plus whatever I spent on a backless bra.  

My grandma made dresses for my 2 bridesmaids.  The men wore navy suits.  DH's grandma made our cake and punch.  Other family members helped with the food and paper products.  My Mom bought my bouquet, buttoneirs, etc.

I think we had a small fee for the church and fellowship hall, and gave money to the pastor and pianist.

Small and simple, but it's held for over 25 years.

beeky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:05 AM
We didn't really have a budget but with my mother-in-law's help, we put together a nice wedding for £2,000 back in 1988.
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM
$0. I bought a cream colored dress from Banana Republic. We got our license and married in the courthouse. It was 10 years ago so I don't remember the exact cost but I believe under $200 with dress included.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM
$25,000 in 2005, but only half that is what we spent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:09 AM
No budget. Spent 25k in 2014.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)