Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't handle her anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Dd newly 5yrs old has been extremely defiant last few weeks. Only change is starting preschool but she did a year in school so nothing too new there.
Nothing i do works.
It's around the clock.
I dont want advice and to be told x y and z will work.
I'm venting.
She gets plenty of exercise and outside time.
She eats plenty.
She probably isn't getting enough sleep because she has turned into a whining newborn that never sleeps it seems.
She gets plenty of time with me.
I almost always include her with anything she can do. Like setting the table, laundry or vaccuming etc.
Doctor says nothing is wrong with her.
I thought i just needed a break. NOPE.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:29 AM
A break would help. I hope you figure out how to make it happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:31 AM
I have taken breaks. Didnt help.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: A break would help. I hope you figure out how to make it happen.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:00 AM
Maybe a phase. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:01 AM

What exactly does she do? I find creative consequences sometimes work for kids who act defient no matter what you do. My nephew was like that and then I realized he was like me and I turned creative because I knew what didn't work on me which was my first instinct lol. I took care of him and his sister before I had kids to keep them out of daycare and other kids so I learned a lot of tricks before I had my twins. 

BmoreRavens
by Raven on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:08 AM

Is this a new school? New teachers? New classmates? If so, then there is something new there, and a bit of an adjustment. 

Have you asked the teacher how she is behaving in school, and getting along with her classmates? Have you seen how the teacher interacts with her? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:20 AM
I feel for you. This is why I admire women with a lot of kids. I don't know how they stay sane. I really don't. I was alone for 15 years of my adult life before I had kids and sometimes I miss it, the quiet, the solitude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:38 AM
She's 5. This shall pass. And then another stage will happen and then you hit teenage years and those 5 year old defiance stages will seem like a dream come true. It gets better and worse and better again. You'll make it through this I promise.

My middle dd makes me want to pull my hair out most days. She's always been like this and she's 16.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:44 AM
No,no and no.

She acts just fine in school.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Is this a new school? New teachers? New classmates? If so, then there is something new there, and a bit of an adjustment. 

Have you asked the teacher how she is behaving in school, and getting along with her classmates? Have you seen how the teacher interacts with her? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:46 AM
Whine 85% of the time.

Meltdowns over the littlest thing.

Back talking.

Screaming.

Name calling.

Slamming doors.

Stomping her feet.

Throwing things.

Complete ignorance of what I say and tell her to do something.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

What exactly does she do? I find creative consequences sometimes work for kids who act defient no matter what you do. My nephew was like that and then I realized he was like me and I turned creative because I knew what didn't work on me which was my first instinct lol. I took care of him and his sister before I had kids to keep them out of daycare and other kids so I learned a lot of tricks before I had my twins. 

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 6:13 AM
Okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)