Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

so this week I went to the Dr. got diagnosed with beste disease, which the Dr said will eventually make me lose my vision.

Then ds got sick went to urgen care and they think he has pneumonia or mild asthma, put him on a nebulizer,and antibiotics

THEN FOUND OUT IM  PREGNANT, (ive had back to back miscarriages) praying to god this baby holds on, but when DS went to the urgent care they did an xray-

Guess what I was in the room, which the Dr. said can have an effect

What in the world is happening?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:11 AM
When I was pregnant with my second, I did 3 xrays and he was fine. I didn't know I was pregnant until the next day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:12 AM
Take a breath, one moment at a time.
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:15 AM

I think you would have to be exposed way more than that to have an effect. Sending prayers your way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM
My friend had a xray while pregnant, it did not end well. I would see your doctor immediately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:41 AM
They didn't make you wear a lead apron? Were you actually near your ds or standing behind the safe area with the tech? How could they not tell if it's pneumonia???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:43 AM
If I was going to loose my vision I wouldn't expand my family
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM
Best* disease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Thats a lot to take in at once. Control the things you can and take the other things as they come. First help your child get better, set an appointment to have the baby checked, start making your surroundings as blind friendly as you can. Organize, organize, get rid of clutter. Make out a system. When you have a plan, you can feel less out of control. Sending good thoughts your way.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Hugs and prayers. My understanding of Beste is its very slow progressing disease. many child get diagnosed around age 3 and don't have problems until much later in life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:51 AM
((Hugs!))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)