Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd has reported me to CPS!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 271 Replies
2 moms liked this
Dd15 is under care of a psychologist for self harm and has begun engaging in attention seeking behaviors for low self esteem - which involved her sneaking out to see boys. Because of this, i've begun not leaving her alone, even requiring her to leave the bathroom door unlocked while she was in there. Somehow she still managed to cut, (she hid a razor under the toilet tank lid) so for the past week, i've sat in the bathroom with her while she used the toilet and showered, (with my back half turned) She's also had to sleep in my bed. The psychologist agrees with my decision and has told DD that this will continue until she's no longer high risk- for her own safety.

Today I had a knock on the door from CPS. The lady claims to have been called by the school for allegations of sexual abuse against dd. By me. Dd claims I'm watching her shower, toilet, use tampons, and won't let her masturbate without me watching. She claims to feel violated, repressed and "dirty". Conviently all her "bad" history was omitted from the claim. I showed the lady a letter from her psychologist stating she was under high risk care for self harm behaviors and even showed her pictures of dds harm. I'm still under investigation and in the meantime I've been told that dd has to be allowed to shower and have private time until the case is closed which could take up to a month. How do I protect dd from herself when she's been given too many freedoms for her current mental health? Masturbation is not a right is it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Wait. Do you actually watch her masturbate? Huh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Privacy while showering or taking a shit is a right.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this
You're seriously going about "protecting" her in the wrong way, and any psychologist that agrees with it should lose his or her license.
BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:56 AM
I'm with your daughter. Sort of. I know you want to protect her but this is not the way to do it. She deserves privacy. I can't imagine a psychiatrist actually going along with this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:57 AM
No. To my knowledge she hasn't masturbated since moving into my room

Quoting Johnsmom5892: Wait. Do you actually watch her masturbate? Huh
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:57 AM
46 moms liked this
Bring her to an inpatient mental health facility.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:57 AM
Privacy is a right
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Apple doesn’t fall far from the crazy tree apparently
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Not when you cut everytime you're alone. If she was in a hospital she wouldn't have privacy

Quoting Anonymous 2: Privacy while showering or taking a shit is a right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:59 AM
Because she doesn't have a suicide plan, they won't take her

Quoting Spam72: Bring her to an inpatient mental health facility.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)