Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have gone to college as an older adult for the first time.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I will not respond to nasty comments for the record. This is mom confessions and I know how some of you are.

I'm 41. I'm looking to go to community college and get an associates. I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm still in the deciding phase. My question is does anyone know the process if you have never taken an act/sat test to go? All the websites say is required entrance exams. I plan to talk to an advisor this week. Im just wondering if anyone knows. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM
Bump
cupcake7734
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Im considering returning to school at 34. I felt forced into it back when I was young, and therefore never took it seriously.

Anyways, bumping for my own curiosity. Good luck OP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM
No one will respond to you then
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Because it has been so long since you went to school, they usually have do entrance exams at a testing center on campus. It's to find out what help you may need with English and math. I had to take a couple of math ones because I was not proficient in Algebra at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:51 AM
I never took those tests and was able to get into college on just my high school transcripts. Never took an entrance exam either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You do not need those exams to go to community college.

Get with an adviser where you plan to attend community college and they'll explain everything to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:56 AM
Thank you. I feel like a fool

Quoting WickedOpal: Because it has been so long since you went to school, they usually have do entrance exams at a testing center on campus. It's to find out what help you may need with English and math. I had to take a couple of math ones because I was not proficient in Algebra at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:56 AM
Ty

Quoting Anonymous 3: I never took those tests and was able to get into college on just my high school transcripts. Never took an entrance exam either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Hey thanks for that

Quoting Anonymous 4:

You do not need those exams to go to community college.

Get with an adviser where you plan to attend community college and they'll explain everything to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Thanks for the bump. Lots of great responses

Quoting Anonymous 2: No one will respond to you then
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)