Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is right and who is wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
My husband and I are newly seperated and headed for divorce. I've been trying to keep it friendly but I feel like I'm starting to be taking advantage of.

To make it clear he sees and talks to the kids every day. He still has dinner with us every night.

Yesterday morning he called me at 8Am and said he wanted to visit the kids and do laundry. I said sure about what time. He said Idk Ill be there sometime. We waited until 1pm then me and the kids went to lunch and out shopping. At 4pm husband started blowing up my phone calling me vile names and accusing me of keeping the kids from him. He said that I knew he was coming over and I should have waited on him. I told him that he was being ridiculous and it was unfair to expect us to wait around for him to show up. He in return called me a manipulative bitch. I told him for now on that he was not allowed to be in my home at ALL and that all visitation must take place outside of my home and without me there. Once again I was called vile names.

Should we have waited for him or was I right to carry on about our day
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Carry on with your day. It's not fair for him to expect you to still act like a wife would when y'all are headed to divorce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM
You're both wrong. When you decided to leave the house knowing he was coming you should have called him and let him know you'd be out until such and such time but would be back for dinner.

Well that's what any decent person would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM
That's my feeling

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: Carry on with your day. It's not fair for him to expect you to still act like a wife would when y'all are headed to divorce.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Your right. He’s being ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:14 PM
I probably would've called or texted telling him that we were leaving for a few hours. But I don't wait around for others. I expect either a time or a text an hour before they are coming over, so then I can go home/prepare m
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM
I’d go ahead and put an end to that whole situation.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

When he said he'd be there "sometime" you should have told him your plans.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You're both wrong.

You should have called or texted him asking when he's coming. I'd go out of my way if me and my dh broke up and he was still seeing the kids everyday.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM
I'd say you're both wrong. There's no reason you cpulfntt have commujnicated your plans for the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:16 PM
We waited 5 hours for him. And its not my responsibility to provide him dinner any more. He doesn't have a cell phone. He used my house phone to call me and blow up at me. He called from an unknown number at 8am

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're both wrong. When you decided to leave the house knowing he was coming you should have called him and let him know you'd be out until such and such time but would be back for dinner.

Well that's what any decent person would do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)