Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

his family freaked the f*** out.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies

so we live in Japan currently. we have 2 kids, a 6 and a 7-year-old. we moved here when the kids were 1 and 2. around here at 4 and 5 the kids start going to the stores by themselves going to school by themselves etc. so at 6 and 7 they have got the routine down and now take our 1-year-old to the store with them. well, we flew DH's family here and one morning my dd7 asked if she could go get a curry bun from the bakery. I handed her $10 and she went and asked if ds6 wanted to go. they got themselves dressed and started putting their shoes on when mil asked if I was going to get up and do anything. I said no, they go to the store on their own all the time. she went nuts, completely bonkers. it got worse the next day when the kids went to school on the train by themselves as well. our neighbors were so concerned by the yelling they came over to see if we were ok because we're normally very quiet people. that is how out of hand DH's family got.

yes, I realize things are different in the US and cps would be called if a kid was on a bus or train by themselves but instead of being adults they turned into rabid toddlers throwing a fit because we didn't do the exact same things they did.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol, troll, you can't even keep your kids straight.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

so we live in Japan currently. we have 2 kids, a 6 and a 7-year-old. we moved here when the kids were 1 and 2. around here at 4 and 5 the kids start going to the stores by themselves going to school by themselves etc. so at 6 and 7 they have got the routine down and now take our 1-year-old to the store with them. well, we flew DH's family here and one morning my dd7 asked if she could go get a curry bun from the bakery. I handed her $10 and she went and asked if ds6 wanted to go. they got themselves dressed and started putting their shoes on when mil asked if I was going to get up and do anything. I said no, they go to the store on their own all the time. she went nuts, completely bonkers. it got worse the next day when the kids went to school on the train by themselves as well. our neighbors were so concerned by the yelling they came over to see if we were ok because we're normally very quiet people. that is how out of hand DH's family got.

yes, I realize things are different in the US and cps would be called if a kid was on a bus or train by themselves but instead of being adults they turned into rabid toddlers throwing a fit because we didn't do the exact same things they did.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
How embarrassing that your neighbors got involved. I hope your DH handled his family and put them in their place!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM
4 moms liked this

This is such a troll post to debate differences in cultures.  Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Lol troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Can't even keep track of how many kids she has 😆

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM
LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM

a kid is someone who goes to school. a 1 year old is not a kid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol, troll, you can't even keep your kids straight.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Yep

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
LMAO!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:18 PM

glad you agree

Quoting Anonymous 2: LMAO!!!!!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)