Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Left over baby food

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I bought tons of baby food when a local place was going out of business. My 7 month old refuses to eat baby food and wants to eat regular food.
Anyone know if I can make anything out of all this baby food?
Has anyone tried it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:51 PM
Donate it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:53 PM
What flavors do you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM
Depends on what you have. If you have fruit ones you can blend them into smoothies. Some of the vegetable ones you can mix with ground beef to make a very moist meatloaf. You can also add some into soups for some creamy texture and added nutrition.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:55 PM
You could use fruit flavors mixed in with regular oatmeal or baked goods.

You could use veggies in casseroles or other foods. Like mixing purΓ©ed carrots in with meatloaf or something.

Or simply donate it.
Momof6.3e3h
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:56 PM
I put the extra in ice cube trays and froze it. Once a solid block, I put into a mesh feeder let little one chomp on it. All 3 kids loved that from around 8months to 1 year. To them, it was like real food as they needed their little teeth to eat it frozen. Was great fine motor skill work as well. Having to hold the mesh feeder, bring to mouth and eat taught skill
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:58 PM

You can mix it into foods easily, depending on what you have. 

Any of the fruits I think could be put into pancakes or muffins, or stirred into oatmeal or yogurt.
I used to stir things like carrots or squash into things like spaghetti or sloppy joes...

If they are weird flavors (some of the flavor combos are weird!) I'd donate them if you don't think you'll use them.  

saphiraka
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:01 PM

yeah they can be used for sauces.. applesauce cake.... You could also donate it to a church that does a food pantry.  

sha_lyn68
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Haven't had this in years but now I really want to make it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17352/baby-food-cake-iii/
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:03 PM

Donate it to your local food pantry.  Check the dates first because they cannot take it if it's past it's use-by.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Why does your 7-month-old even know what "regular food" tastes like?  A 7-month-old should not be eating regular table food.  He or she should be just trying out strained veggies at that age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)