Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gaining weight before hitting puberty?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

My dd is 8, she will be 9 in January. She has never been skinny but never *fat* here recently she has begun to chunk up. She doesn't eat a lot and she loves to run and play. I am wondering if perhaps she is about to hit puberty. I plan on getting her to the doctor to make sure everything is okay
She weighs 83 pounds and i would say about 4 foot 5.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:27 PM
It's common for girls. She looks fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:28 PM
She is beginning to feel a little self conscious about it. She said her tummy sticks out

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's common for girls. She looks fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:29 PM
That happened to me. It started when I was about 10. I was thin again before I was 13.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Explain to her what is happening. She's going to have breasts and hips to deal with very soon.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She is beginning to feel a little self conscious about it. She said her tummy sticks out

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:32 PM
I'm not sure but same is happening to my almost 8 yr old tho he's 92 lbs. Same happened to my 10 yr old and now he's thinning out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:32 PM
I have been. I thought that this is why she was gaining weight but i wasn't for sure

Quoting Anonymous 2: Explain to her what is happening. She's going to have breasts and hips to deal with very soon.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She is beginning to feel a little self conscious about it. She said her tummy sticks out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:33 PM
My oldest typically puts on at least 10 pounds before she shoots up and slims back down. My youngest is starting to gain a little, not as much as her sister does, but her weight has always fluctuated a lot because of health issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:33 PM
If nothing else has changed, it's most likely hormones.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have been. I thought that this is why she was gaining weight but i wasn't for sure

Quoting Anonymous 2: Explain to her what is happening. She's going to have breasts and hips to deal with very soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Its mostly on her hips and tummy area. And she is starting to bud out. She is my first and only girl lol

Quoting Anonymous 4: My oldest typically puts on at least 10 pounds before she shoots up and slims back down. My youngest is starting to gain a little, not as much as her sister does, but her weight has always fluctuated a lot because of health issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Nope not really. She doesn't eat a lot and she loves to run and play.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If nothing else has changed, it's most likely hormones.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have been. I thought that this is why she was gaining weight but i wasn't for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)