Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i send dd12 back to school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Dd12 told her therapist last Tuesday night that a few weeks prior she attempted suicide by trying to drink some body spray twice in one night. I had no idea apparently she did it while I was asleep ...last spring I found out she was having difficulty at the school she told me a boy called her fat.. I handled that situation he was told not to talk her anymore period and he apologized... Than she did it again.... And had another school related excuse...teacher punished the whole class and dd took it personally... She spent a week in hospital and was released and been getting outside therapy.

Dd12 is high functioning autistic and extremely sensitive. Her school is awesome... Very academic teachers are very caring and LOVE her... We live in NYC and the schools in our district are bad so dd is in another district in a good neighborhood. Do school has a very strict no bullying policy.. Very safe school.

Dd recently attempted because she says the school is too academic and she can't keep up which makes her feel worthless and the teachers yell at her (that I don't believe at all her teacher is so sweet never raises her voice) she is also saying the environment is too stimulating for her... She is in general education inclusion program she travels and all the teachers treat the kids the same even the special kids like dd.

So now I'm at a lost at what to do... I don't want her to change schools! But I feel I have no choice...

Myself personally I feel dd is very lazy and don't want to do school work. I feel this latest suicide attempt is her wanting to get out of going to school and going to an easy school with baby work.

Her teachers said she has an average IQ and the other classes aren't suitable for her so her only other option is to go to a class of 12 in our neighborhood school

That will be a nightmare... My son is currently at that school and he complains daily about the bullying.. The teachers legit don't care.. The kids are CRUEL I've seen it first hand.. I've also seen numerous fights.. My sensitive dd has never been in a fight.

Right now I'm working on getting my ds out of our neighborhood school as its making him depressed!

If dd goes to our neighborhood school she's going to be bitch slapped with a rude awakening... Yeah it will be a class of 12 but they'll be a whole new set of problems.

I've told her and warned her repeatedly and she has this smug I don't care attitude I just want to leave my current school.

I'm legit annoyed with dd ...we have tried to accomodate dd... She's not being bullied.. Great teachers and yet she wants to leave the school.. She's messing up her future. Going into a class of 12 she's going to miss out on 8th grade activities like prom next year and getting into a good high school... And being prepped to go to to college... This new school won't do that they wont care if she fails or know what she needs to know .

It's going to take a minimum of two weeks to transfer school and I don't want her sitting at home in the meantime! She just lays around all day on the computer like a sack of potatoes! She won't pick up a book... She won't do anything. She's fucking lazy and I know in going to get shit for this but I don't buy dds latest attempt.... I think it's bullshit... I had household cleaners and knives readily available all over the house and she chose a body spray? That makes no sense. I think she wanted to drink it but didn't actually drink it...

I just think this is whole thing is so she's not pushed academically.... She doesn't want to learn... She doesn't want t to go to school... She doesn't want t to do anything but lay on her ass and watch YouTube videos... And I'm getting annoyed with her presence because every time I look at her she's just laying there and of I ask her to do anything she refuses or wants to moan about it forever.
I feel she should go to school until I'm able to change her school... I don't think it's healthy for her to sit on the computer like a beached whale for two weeks.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM
I just told dd she's going to school tomorrow and she's upset. She has this sneaky I'll show you look on her face.... Ugh... Why is she acting like this?! God they want her to do some schoolwork god forbid! She's so fucking annoying
helenperuse
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:53 PM
I saw that coming. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:55 PM
She's just going to have to suck it up and deal. Don't change schools, don't give in to her manipulation, and take her damn device away so she isn't watching YouTube all day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:56 PM
Dame exact thing going on in this house. So glad I'm not alone. Omg it's so infuriating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:59 PM
Yes it is! Her stupid ass therapist wouldn't even let me voice my frustration she kept telling me oh everything is fine and I wanted to say no bitch everything is not fine. Dd is manipulating me and everyone around her so she can be a lazy ass...

After she told her that all of a sudden dd told her seeing her book bag when she gets home would be a trigger.. What a load of bullshit...she's just tired of using her brain in school

Quoting Anonymous 3: Dame exact thing going on in this house. So glad I'm not alone. Omg it's so infuriating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
I'd disconnect the Internet, take away the stuff.

Ds plays that card sometimes and it's hard bc you know it's hot air but that little inkling of maybe.

She'd go to school though. If she's capable of the work, she'll do it to get on YouTube. if she's not, maybe request her being put back a grade? She wouldn't leave that school though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Dd thinks her wonderful school is so hard... Wait until she spends a day in our neighborhood school... She's going to be crying like a baby when these Lil neighborhood girls kick her ass and the teachers say not my problem like they are doing with ds. She's just setting herself up and I will NOT be changing her school again when the inevitable happens... She wants to be a lazy ass. Well there ya go princess enjoy the school that doesn't give an eff which is what you desired
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:11 PM

I wouldn't have given in and let her switch schools in the first place.  Your daughter sounds like she's lazy and entitled and knows how to get her own way.  I would get a new therapist for her it doesn't sound like the one she has is really helping her very much.  

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM
I wouldn’t have changed schools, but I’d have taken the suicide attempt way too seriously. Everything in the house would be locked up like you expected an army of toddlers to show up and you’d take her straight to the hospital for a psych hold, preferably without her phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:20 PM

In my house her butt would be behind a desk and learning. I don't expect straight A's, but I do expect some effort. She would not be switching schools, and she would not have access to any electronics until there is an improvement in attitude around the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)