Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the stark differences are atounding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

between my bf and my ex. I was with my ex for 5 years and I have currently been with my bf 5 years. when I  was with my ex is was a complete controlling relationship. I couldn't wear what I wanted, couldn't work where I wanted, he hid me and didn't want to show me off anywhere because I was his and only his and he didn't want to risk someone else talking to me.

my bf? complete opposite. he wants me to go places with him like work parties and stuff, he wants to show me off and he wants me to wear things that make me comfortable instead of this he likes.

my ex always made my days, mothers day, my birthday, about him. my bf does the opposite.

my ex would make me do everything for our son. my bf tries to do whatever he can.

I started thinking about it because I told bf I felt like crap and he took his lunch early and brought ds and i burgers. my ex would have bitched and moaned and would tell me to do it myself even though I cant drive at night.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:25 PM

"show you off"?  what are you a pure bred horse?   I can't with the whole "show me off" nonsense.  Women aren't a possession to be paraded around & gawked at & fawned over like an inanimate object.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:26 PM

show me off as in not lock me in the house, takes me out places and not rip my self-confidence down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

"show you off"?  what are you a pure bred horse?   I can't with the whole "show me off" nonsense.  Women aren't a possession to be paraded around & gawked at & fawned over like an inanimate object.  

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM

Why were with your ex for 5 long miserable years if he was that terrible?

Did it take you that long to get a divorce from him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:31 PM

it took me that long to get even an ounce of confidence to leave. ds was 1 though so he doesn't even remember thankfully.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:33 PM
So glad you moved on & found someone who is good to you.
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:40 PM

That is good your son doesn't really remember him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

it took me that long to get even an ounce of confidence to leave. ds was 1 though so he doesn't even remember thankfully.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:46 PM
What happened in your childhood or young life that allowed you to get into and stay in this horrible relationship?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:47 PM

I had no self-confidence. otherwise nothing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What happened in your childhood or young life that allowed you to get into and stay in this horrible relationship?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)