Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My husband and I have always been perfect no matter what was thrown our way but about 4 years ago he lost his job and in no way was it his fault.. that’s when the problem began. We had a child together and after trying and just found out we were expecting second child. And basically homeless we came back to my home town he actually found an absolutely better job in every way but he still felt disconnected. Fastward a few years we bought our dream home but he stills feels disconnected which has caused me to but up walls. I try to talk to him about, he tells me it’s my fault and I just look at him as a paycheck.. I love him! But I could careless about the paycheck. I want a partner in life and want to make our amazing home a beautiful place to live, but he doesn’t want to.... what do I do? I love this man but feel like he left me for years and let me down and put me in very vulnerable and lonely situation for the last 4 years. He doesn’t seem to care, I don’t know what to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:05 AM

That sucks, sorry. But he needs to man up, so he lost his job four years ago, so what, clearly he bounced back. Are you sure you don't treat him like a paycheck though? Counseling is a good idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:08 AM
I don’t even have access to half the finances. All I care about are those two kids and I’m not even sure how much he actually makes.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That sucks, sorry. But he needs to man up, so he lost his job four years ago, so what, clearly he bounced back. Are you sure you don't treat him like a paycheck though? Counseling is a good idea.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:17 AM

WHY dont you know ? Why dont you have access to the money ? Do you work ? Does he tell you no you cant know or use the money he earns ? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don’t even have access to half the finances. All I care about are those two kids and I’m not even sure how much he actually makes.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:28 AM
I don’t work now I have a 3 and 7 year old it makes more sense for me to. I stay home but before I actually made more money but he has a savings account that all extra money goes into and I have never had access too all that’s in my name and I have access and logins for is water and power.... not the mortgage or anything else

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

WHY dont you know ? Why dont you have access to the money ? Do you work ? Does he tell you no you cant know or use the money he earns ? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don’t even have access to half the finances. All I care about are those two kids and I’m not even sure how much he actually makes.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:31 AM

Have you asked him why ? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don’t work now I have a 3 and 7 year old it makes more sense for me to. I stay home but before I actually made more money but he has a savings account that all extra money goes into and I have never had access too all that’s in my name and I have access and logins for is water and power.... not the mortgage or anything else
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:32 AM

Sounds like he is not happy in your home town.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:33 AM

Not very smart :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don’t work now I have a 3 and 7 year old it makes more sense for me to. I stay home but before I actually made more money but he has a savings account that all extra money goes into and I have never had access too all that’s in my name and I have access and logins for is water and power.... not the mortgage or anything else
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:34 AM
We are not there now and bought our home and moved for his work!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:37 AM
I never wanted his money why do I care... I made more money than him and could again...

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:40 AM
He sounds depressed. Get him some help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)