Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something scared the crap out of me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I woke up in the middle of the night to several bright flashes in my bedroom. It scared the living crap out of me, and I still don't know what it was. After the first flash, I thought it was my alarm on my phone going off, but it was way too bright for that. It looked like a camera flash (bright enough to light up my whole room) but it happened maybe 5 times one after another. When my heart stopped pounding, I got up and checked my phone because the flashes seemed to come from the same area as where I leave it at night. No alarm, no new photos. I checked outside to see if it was a lightening storm. I have my eyes checked regularly. I am not on any drugs that cause hallucinations. I have no idea what it was. I'm sure it was from inside though. Now I am still all jumpy and freaked out. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Ghosts
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Did you check the house for some pervert taking the pics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:07 AM
Oh my gosh. I think I'd rather it be ghosts than the alternative which is I'm losing my mind.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ghosts
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM
I did get up and walk around the house. My door was closed while it was happening. I know no one came or went. My room is on the second the floor, so no one could have been outside my window.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Did you check the house for some pervert taking the pics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Occular migraine?

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Maybe you were dreaming? That is scary!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:20 AM
Either an electrical device in your room somewhere or it could have just been your eyes. My eyes have started doing lightening flashes, super bright. Freaked me out at first, I thought I was about to be abducted the first time or two. There is no pain associated with the bright ass flashes either. Went to the eye doc, head scan, nothing out of sorts. They have attributed it to an ocular migraine. It's been happening off and on for months, though not as much now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:21 AM
I just looked that up. Interesting. I do get migraines once in a while but never with visual disturbances. I don't feel a migraine now, but maybe it's on the way?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Occular migraine?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:23 AM
I'm sure I wasn't dreaming. I was awake and sat straight up in bed. It was so scary!

Quoting lovemercygrace: Maybe you were dreaming? That is scary!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:26 AM
That'd scare me too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)