Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I'm going to strangle my 15-yr-old ds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this
He's a good kid, but man can he act like an asshole sometimes. So I have to get him up to his school by 6:20 every morning for marching band. This morning, I'm not feeling well and was moving slowly. I got up at 6. He knows he's required to get himself ready to go. He did, for the most part. I skipped the coffee and just started the car. The school is 8 minutes from my house. We left the house at 6:05 and he's freaking out, "You're going to make me late, Mom!" Um, dude, we have 15 minutes to make an 8 minute drive. "You got up late and you're going to make me late! I can't believe you got up late!" Rolling his eyes at me, scoffing when I tell him to chill out. We get there and end up waiting another 10 minutes for his marching band instructor. I asked him if it was worth it and he rudely said, "Worth what?" I told him to give me his phone. He doesn't get it back until he starts treating me with more respect. I'm done with the attitude. He said, "Mom, you're making this a big deal." No, I'm putting an end to the disrespectful behavior. I've never made him late. Ever. Not once. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Your son and my daughter must be cut from the same cloth. She got a talking to last night. Just because you are "cranky" does not excuse rude behavior.

I'm just happy she's in high school this year and gets up at 6:30 am. The past three years of middle school, and a 5:30 am wake up, were not cool.
helenperuse
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
How about he uses the alarm on his phone and gets his own ass up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM
I just don't get it. I never treated my mother like this, and she was a drunk! I get him to school on time, ever single day. If he is dopey and forgets something, I generally run it up to him before I go into work. If he forgot something today, he's screwed because he doesn't have his phone to let me know. Sucks. I don't like taking his phone from him, but I will not tolerate this rude behavior any longer. I'm about 90% sure I know what his deal is. I told him to go to bed at 9 so he'd get enough sleep. He was still up dinking around at 10:30.

Quoting mommytoeandb: Your son and my daughter must be cut from the same cloth. She got a talking to last night. Just because you are "cranky" does not excuse rude behavior.

I'm just happy she's in high school this year and gets up at 6:30 am. The past three years of middle school, and a 5:30 am wake up, were not cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:54 AM
He got himself up. He was just mad that I wasn't up at 5:30 like I normally do. I'm sick to my stomach for some reason and I'm getting dizzy when I move, so I moved slowly. I still got him there on time. I don't deserve this type of treatment.

Quoting helenperuse: How about he uses the alarm on his phone and gets his own ass up?
Franny76
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hormones are a bitch !! Teens love them one minute next strangle them. Lol
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm going with the "they feel safe enough to lash out because they feel loved" theory. I also subscribe to the "strong willed kids won't stay at home forever" theory. Anything to keep me sane. :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just don't get it. I never treated my mother like this, and she was a drunk! I get him to school on time, ever single day. If he is dopey and forgets something, I generally run it up to him before I go into work. If he forgot something today, he's screwed because he doesn't have his phone to let me know. Sucks. I don't like taking his phone from him, but I will not tolerate this rude behavior any longer. I'm about 90% sure I know what his deal is. I told him to go to bed at 9 so he'd get enough sleep. He was still up dinking around at 10:30.

Quoting mommytoeandb: Your son and my daughter must be cut from the same cloth. She got a talking to last night. Just because you are "cranky" does not excuse rude behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like this morning was the straw that broke the camels back with your son's attitude. I understand how that can be. Around the age of 14 is when my sons startred with the same thing. It's wrong. They would talk to strangers nicer than they talked with me. I told them then I will treat them like strangers if they can't respect their mother. I made them walk to school and practices ( lugging all their equipment with them too!.) I stopped doing their laundry and they had to cook for themselves. I didn't speak to them or respond to them either, we were strangers. I didn't pay their phone bills either ( coincidentally the bill was due a few days into this). After about a week of this they were fed up and I saw positive changes. I don't understand why they got so snotty, they used to put their laundry away, empty the dishwasher, take out the trash, clean up after themselves when they were younger and then it switches and stopped. Things are great now. They are 18 and 16 and the attitude has changed. Be patient, taking the phone away was the right thing to do, hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:58 AM
4 moms liked this
He could have walked.
helenperuse
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I read a "for" in there. Oops

Now he knows not to treat you like that and if he does what to expect.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He got himself up. He was just mad that I wasn't up at 5:30 like I normally do. I'm sick to my stomach for some reason and I'm getting dizzy when I move, so I moved slowly. I still got him there on time. I don't deserve this type of treatment.

Quoting helenperuse: How about he uses the alarm on his phone and gets his own ass up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
He couldn't have walked. It's a 2.7 mile drive through busy roads and literally up a mountain. I am thinking about setting him up with public transit, though. He obviously doesn't appreciate the effort I put into making sure he is where he needs to be.

Quoting Anonymous 3: He could have walked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)