Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the idiotic water breaking post...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
"Pneumonia in the early neonatal period usually occurs in cases where membranes rupture more than 6 hours before delivery, who were the products of prolonged and complicated labors, or in premature infants. Details of treatment to be instituted in newborn infants demonstrating signs indicative of pneumonia are discussed. The authors suggest that pneumonia is a sole cause of death in 6 to 9 per cent of all stillborn or newborn infants."

A girl I know just had to bury her 5 day old baby because the doctors let her go too long after her water broke before they delivered the baby and he ended up with pneumonia which they did not catch before it was too late. DO NOT LISTEN to that stupid meme. It's not worth it. Keep your baby safe.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this

There are a lot of different infections that can happen...

Plus, the more fluid you lose, the easier it is for a cord strangulation.

It's just not a good idea, Even with I worked with a midwife, by law they had to go to the hospital if their labor went past 24 hours after their water breaking.

Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I still say listen to your body and do what feels right for you.  If a woman feels she can wait at home for a while, then that is what is right for her.

You are never, ever going to be able to end every stillborn or newborn death.  All the precautions in the world won't end it.  Therefore one woman's sad story is no basis for what every other woman should do with their own pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Ds would be dead if I hadn't gone in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM
My water broke and a half an hour later, my kiddo was here. Taking medical advice from memes is beyond absurd.
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:20 PM
4 moms liked this

She should not shut up at all...

That post gave advice that could end up killing a baby or the mother, or both....

Quoting Anonymous 2: STFU already
Quoting Anonymous 1: "Pneumonia in the early neonatal period usually occurs in cases where membranes rupture more than 6 hours before delivery, who were the products of prolonged and complicated labors, or in premature infants. Details of treatment to be instituted in newborn infants demonstrating signs indicative of pneumonia are discussed. The authors suggest that pneumonia is a sole cause of death in 6 to 9 per cent of all stillborn or newborn infants." A girl I know just had to bury her 5 day old baby because the doctors let her go too long after her water broke before they delivered the baby and he ended up with pneumonia which they did not catch before it was too late. DO NOT LISTEN to that stupid meme. It's not worth it. Keep your baby safe.

helenperuse
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:21 PM
What meme?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
But why would you even risk it knowing it's even a possibility? My baby means a lot more to me than that I guess.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

I still say listen to your body and do what feels right for you.  If a woman feels she can wait at home for a while, then that is what is right for her.

You are never, ever going to be able to end every stillborn or newborn death.  All the precautions in the world won't end it.  Therefore one woman's sad story is no basis for what every other woman should do with their own pregnancy.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:22 PM
5 moms liked this
Hopefully no one will take that meme worthy of consideration. Everything in it was completely false. It’s so dangerous to spread such ignorant misinformation. This isn’t about suggesting a cereal brand, these are people’s health and life she could be messing with by spreading that nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Same here with 3 of my 4 kids. The water broke and within 30 minutes I was holding a baby.

Quoting Anonymous 4: My water broke and a half an hour later, my kiddo was here. Taking medical advice from memes is beyond absurd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Same with my mom, my aunts, my grandmother and her sisters.. If I had waited, my husband would have been delivering our child.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Same here with 3 of my 4 kids. The water broke and within 30 minutes I was holding a baby.

Quoting Anonymous 4: My water broke and a half an hour later, my kiddo was here. Taking medical advice from memes is beyond absurd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)