Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just cook it the way I f***ing asked you to!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies
2 moms liked this
I took my kids to a sandwich shop and went through the drive thru to order. Dd wanted a blt but she only likes her bacon EXTRA crispy. I'm the same way so I totally understand. We've ordered it this way several times at this place and they're always just fine about it and it's always cooked to perfection.

Well this time I say extra crispy bacon again and the girl says back to me "our bacon's already crispy". I say, well OK that's good but she likes it really crispy, not at all wiggly so if it could just be cooked a little longer I'd appreciate it. She says nothing so I continue with the rest of my order. I pay, get my food and leave.

We get alllll the way to where we're going (20 minutes) dd opens her sandwich and on it was a bunch of wiggly ass, nasty looking bacon that in no way was she going to eat. I was instantly pissed because I had specifically asked for it crispy and this was anything but. And all I could think was her cocky little attitude when telling me it was "already crispy".

Why can't some people understand that their idea of something is not the same as someone else's so just cook the fricking shit twice or longer like is asked!!

Grrrrrr. Now I have a wasted sandwich and a hungry little girl. And no I won't just make her eat it anyway because I wouldn't either. I loathe chewy, wiggly bacon and I would never force her to eat that.

I know this isn't important in the grand scheme of things it's just frustrating. Just do your job.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:30 PM
12 moms liked this

Take the bacon off. It really isnt that big of a deal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:31 PM
You’ll get over it.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM
I hate bacon. Yuck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM
So the whole sandwich is bad because the bacon is "wiggly"?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Can you cook the bacon a bit more so she will eat it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That would piss me off too. When I was pregnant with my first, I went to this West Indian spot and asked her to put extra pepper on my food. (If my food wasn't extra spicy, it wouldn't stay down).

Not only was it not even remotely spicy, it was bland. bad

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh god wah, I'm sure she'll be fine, throw it in the microwave for a few minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:39 PM
7 moms liked this

So get off your ass and cook it longer yourself.  People are ridiculous about food orders and you're being a prime example of that.  The employee did her job by making the sandwich, you're the one who tried to drag it out as if you were the only customer.  You're more annoying than she is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you. You specifically asked it to be well done and got it undercooked to your asking. You paid monet for something and are right to be upset.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh FFS get over yourself, you should have had her order something different then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)