Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety and depression after miscarriage

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have never felt more anxious in my life. I have had several panic attacks in the last few weeks and feel so overwhelmed. I never felt this way prior to kids but after having my second my anxiety went through the roof. Now it seems to be every day I am dealing with anxiousness or anger or depression.or grief (I recently went through a m/c). I want so bad to snap out of it and just be normal again. I barely feel like I can adult anymore. I feel like I do a decent job keeping my issues to myself but lately it is harder. At what point does post partum anxiety just become regular anxiety? My dd is nearly 2. Maybe once the grief goes away? Or once I get my spending problem under control (which is also obviously causing me anxiety)? Maybe if I paint the kitchen cabinets finally or buy a puppy? I suggested to my dh we get a sitter and start going to the driving range together a few times a month and he was all for it so hopefully that'll do the trick and give me something to look forward to. I mean, I look forward to all the different activities with my kids too but it's different and causes me a lot of various worries as well.

Update: I would have been 18 weeks by now. I lost it at 5 weeks so obviously not very far along. It took about 8 or 9 weeks for my body to work it all out after the methotrexate injection though. A lot of my friends on fb have announced they are pregnant now and due in April, when I was due as well, the day after my birthday actually. We did paint our bedroom recently, so that's nice, but i just cant shake this gloom. Doesnt help it's been raining and cold all week.
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM

This is very likely a nutritional issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:59 PM
Don't buy a puppy!
April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:00 PM
I guess that could be a part of it? I don't eat that well tbh. Usually just coffee and dinner with some sort of carb or chocolate in the middle of the day :/

Quoting corticosteroid:

This is very likely a nutritional issue.

April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM
Haha I know, we recently bought a kitten (I am not a cat person but my husband is) so that plus my two grown dogs means it's a full house already.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Don't buy a puppy!
April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM
Bump
Room2Breathe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM
Get your B12 and 6 checked. Check your iron (pregnancy and miscarriage both deplete iron) and take a magnesium supplement. All those things can cause depression and anxiety and can amplify the effects. Also, did you have PPD after your second? I had it with my son but it wasn't terrible so I didn't get diagnosed for over a year. I got pretty bad and had to take high dose anti psychotics to correct the brain chemistry. I'm off them now and everything is good but checks your vitamin levels and make sure you get enough sleep. Get a babysitter so you can get a nap if you need to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM
I have become more anxious and depressed since I had my 4th baby 5 months ago. I have OCD become the result of the anxiety
Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Have you spoken to a doctor about how you're feeling? I had similar issues after having DD (but I had anxiety before as well). Doc put me on an antidepressant, and it has actually helped so much more than I ever would've guessed. Imho, Lexapro is a gift from the gods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:53 PM

If the anxiety is raised after having a loss its possible it could be a form of PTSD

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM

Once I stopped taking birth control my anxiety went away almost completely. I don't know if you are or not but I'd recommend stopping it if so.

I still do have anxiety but not nearly as bad. As a PP said it could be nutritional as well. I started taking multivitamins and magnesium and it just made me feel better overall-can't really explain it. I just felt better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)