Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help needed. VERY serious matter :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Before you recommend it I already have a call into my attorney. However he’s in court for the next three days.

In November of last year my somewhat mentally unstable mother attempted to take the children from school without permission. She was on the do not pick up list, and so after she tried force her way into the school the school called the police.

Three days later I was able to get a temporary restraining order against her. Two weeks after that I was given a six-month restraining order. 4 1/2 months in to the restraining order she took me to court to get it lifted, stating the fact that she could not get housing or employment with the restraining order hanging over her head. The judge removed the restraining order with a very strict warning to my mother telling her that she still could have nothing to do with my children unless she had my permission or their father‘s permission.

I just got a call from the school social worker. My 10-year-old son was in her office. Apparently, my mother sent a note to my son through a little girl that my son knows. I have not seen this particular note, however my son read it to me and it basically says how much she loves them, to please call her, and gives her phone number. It also says to destroy the note so his mother doesn’t see it.

My son is petrified! And my daughter will be if she learns of this. I am not sure if I should file another police report, try and go back for another restraining order, or just let it go. I honestly fear for my childrens safety given my mothers current mental status but since the judge lifted the order last April I am not sure I could make any headway in court. This is a small town and we will get the same judge.

Any thoughts, ideas, or anything at all that would help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd go back and get the ro. Not your fault if she can't get a job, and I think your kids are more important.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM
File a report and see what the police say. Scary!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

File for a permanent restraining order.  Use the note as evidence that she is blatantly ignoring the judge. 

nassivera
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM
I'd get the ro put back in place.
cupcake7734
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM
File, today. She knows she shouldn't be doing what she is, and is trying to get your son to go along with her. She's dangerous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:00 PM
File a report asap.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:01 PM

get the restrainig order reinstituted.

hobobaby
by 🌺NonnieTumTum🌺 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:01 PM
She should have a place to live and a job by now! File for the RO!
illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM

Yes, absolutely go back to the police and request another restraining order. 

She ignored the judge's warning. That would probably piss him off, honestly, and make him more likely to grant the RO and far less likely to have sympathy for her in the future. 

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:15 PM
She went against what the judge told her by sending your son the note, take her back to court.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)