Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home mom's are not on call babysitters

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Watch your own damn kids
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM
Okay?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM

I've never asked a SAHM to watch mine. Just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was a sahm, no one asked me to watch their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:24 PM
I agree. I work from home , but am always being asked to watch other people's kids after school since I go pick mine up. Or on weekends etc. I don't mind sometimes , but it's almost everyday I'm asked. I have 3 kids, a whole house to take care of, and a dh who works a very demanding job where he's gone most hours of the day.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:25 PM

sahm and ive never had this problem... but i got a good RBF going on so i'm sure people are afraid to ask lol.

kikibix
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:26 PM

Just say no. Simple. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Agreed!
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM
My SAH sister in law loves having my kids over if they have a non school day and I don’t. My kids entertain her little ones. It’s a break for her. 😝
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Or taxi drivers and that includes night shift workers too! I don’t call you at 3am in the morning to drive me to the airport!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 4:08 AM
Thank you!!!! As it sits right now, I’m listed at THREE different school in THREE different cities as someone who can pick up their kids. I homeschool.
For them, I’m ok with, because if there is an emergency or something, I am available. But only for emergencies.
I’ve done my fair share of regular babysitting. And honestly if I could go back, I would have told them all no.
Before, when my kids were little and their whole school day was like 3 hours long, having extra kids was ok, but it did cause long term problems I didn’t see coming.
Now that I have a lot more on my plate, I basically tell people if it an emergency, I’ll help, but that’s it.
I get asked all the time, not just for a day or two, but to be a regular babysitter. Nope, not anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)