Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is Right? The Ex or Me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this
DS (11) has a cell phone. I have full physical and legal custody of DS with visits at my discretion. I never ever keep DS from his dad though. We had that put in there because his dad was a mess (was in jail when I filed full custody). Anyway, as long as he keeps his life semi together I’m fine with him taking my DS (not overnight).

Anyway, Ex took DS’s cell and turned on the “share my location” button. So now he can track where DS is down to the part of the street he’s on.

I haven’t turned it off yet, but I feel like it’s an invasion of privacy (for me) and I’m not sure why he needs to know where DS is every moment of every day.

So share with me why I’m wrong on this. Maybe it will make me change my mind. I haven’t turned it off yet, but I think I will.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
You aren’t wrong. Only you, and those you designate, should be tracking your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:55 PM

I would turn it off. Ex had no right to mess with DS's phone, and the security training in me keeps playing out a kidnapping scenario in my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:56 PM
Turn it off. It's not necessary for him to know.
Ash452345
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:59 PM
You should turn it off. He’s stalking you guys.. he doesn’t need to know where your DS is. He could just call you and ask to see him instead of trying to invade the court order
MominCa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:59 PM

if you pay the bill then he has not rights to phone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:01 PM
He’s going to get mad when I turn it off. He’ll use the line that he’s the father and should be able to know where his son is. I can hear it all now.

Quoting HellHound: You aren’t wrong. Only you, and those you designate, should be tracking your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:01 PM
I never even thought of that! Scary! Ex can be a scary guy when he wants, though he’s been semi normal lately.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would turn it off. Ex had no right to mess with DS's phone, and the security training in me keeps playing out a kidnapping scenario in my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM
You aren't wrong. There's no good reason for him to have done that. You should consider the possibility of your ex planning to kidnap him.

No more visits with dad for awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Oh I do. He only pays $25 a week in CS and that’s only when he’s employed (generally about six months out of a year).

Quoting MominCa:

if you pay the bill then he has not rights to phone. 

HellHound
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM
5 moms liked this
He’s the father with visitation at your discretion. He best learn his place.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He�s going to get mad when I turn it off. He�ll use the line that he�s the father and should be able to know where his son is. I can hear it all now.
Quoting HellHound: You aren�t wrong. Only you, and those you designate, should be tracking your child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)