Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is an optical place allowed to withhold your prescription?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I had my appointment & I literally ordered contacts the cost over $300. When I asked for a copy of my glasses prescription, this lady tells me she’s not gonna give me a copy of my prescription. She’s says she will give me that when my contact delivery comes

This doesn’t sound right to me. I could’ve order my glasses online in all this time I’m waiting.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM
I've always gotten mine at the end of my appointment.
poietes
by Laura on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM

No that's not right. I'd be pissed and demand it back. They have always made a copy and given me back the original. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:16 PM

I wouldn't think they could withold that from you considering it is current. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:17 PM

I never got it. I had a new appointment, and I paid for the Contact & Glasses appt. So I have 2 presriptions. I wanted her to give me a copy of my glasses prescription. My Contacts are coming & I spoke with the Opthalmologist so I know my contacts prescription. I'm seriously irritated.

Quoting poietes:

No that's not right. I'd be pissed and demand it back. They have always made a copy and given me back the original. 

HellHound
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:19 PM
I’d tell the opthamologist she’s witholding the Rx. If the opthamologist says thats office policy, I’d find a new one.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I never got it. I had a new appointment, and I paid for the Contact & Glasses appt. So I have 2 presriptions. I wanted her to give me a copy of my glasses prescription. My Contacts are coming & I spoke with the Opthalmologist so I know my contacts prescription. I'm seriously irritated.

Quoting poietes:

poietes
by Laura on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, that's not right. I guess I never order anything from my eye doctors so I just get my script and go. I'd still demand it. You paid for the appt you should get your script. Especially if you need glasses now. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting poietes:

MomInANutHouse
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM
I always get dds prescription, we buy glasses at a different office.
I’ve never had an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM
I don't think they can do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:21 PM

I would have asked to see the written policy that said I couldn't receive my prescription at the time of writing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:21 PM
Glasses and contacts have different RX. Ask for your glass prescription.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)