Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We aren't changing the way we do things because Mom does them different.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies
We have recently transitioned from eowe custody of my sds to 50-50 every other week.

Their Mom does things very differently than we do. She gets up every day and makes a hot breakfast. She has a strict schedule for meal times - dinner time is always at 5:30 PM sharp. In fact, everything is strictly scheduled.

We are much more relaxed. My kids are very active so dinner times vary and we often eat out or get takeout during the week. I work nights (7-3AM) 4 nights a week. So I don't get up with the kids and we just do cereal or poptarts or something easy for breakfast. Dh just makes sure everyone is awake as he is walking out the door.

Sds are losing their minds. They can't seem to deal with the lack of schedule but they are going to have to learn. I HATE strict schedules and I refuse to live by one. I also am not going to get up early and cook or cook every single night. It isn't going to happen. Sds are going to have to adjust. That's the only option at this point. I'm sick of the complaining already.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 10:59 PM
Oh well they'll just have to adjust.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM
Yes they will. We do things the way that work for our household.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh well they'll just have to adjust.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:02 PM
17 moms liked this

You could compromise a little bit. Why ask for 50/50 custody if you arent willing to make them comfortable even a little bit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM
How old are they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM
6 moms liked this
Why uproot custody then? Isn't it supposed to be what is in the best interest of the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this
So you're lazy and you think it's okay for all the kids eat junk food for at least two meals a day all week. Got it.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
What about making food with them to heat up in the morning like pancakes or hot pockets or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM
I'm a firm a believer that kids need some structure and someone who isn't failing at adulthood... To each their own thoigh.
coleysmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:05 PM
We didn't ask for it. Their Mom wanted us to take them more so she could pick up extra work hours every other week and not have to pay for after school care.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You could compromise a little bit. Why ask for 50/50 custody if you arent willing to make them comfortable even a little bit?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)