Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this

pass out candy to teens? 

Do you agree or disagree with this?

We used to live in a small town - lots of low income families - we would get teens trick or treating all the time, I had no problem with it

πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ’€For those passing out candy this year, please take this into consideration...

When you encounter trick or treating TEENAGERS please just take a second to think. Would you rather have them out drinking and driving? Or, at a wild party where drugs and alcohol are present? Or, would you rather them knock on your door to get a piece of candy? Think about that before you turn down candy to one of them. I’d rather see teens doing this rather than something dangerous. Just because they're 15 doesn't mean they don't deserve to have a little bit of safe and legal fun. 
Also, size doesn't always determine mental age or special needs. You may see a teenager, but they may still relate as a younger child. 
Be kind! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ’€
Copy n paste if you'd like. Remind others that teenagers are still children. (Copied from a friends' page.)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM

yes I do but only if they put out at least some attempt at a costume.  My ds & his friends went trick or treating their Sr year as "spring breakers".  Just in shorts, tshirts, sunglasses, & sunscreen (the thick white stuff) on their noses.  They had a beach ball & a couple of boogie boards they carried around with them. 

As long as there's SOME kind of effort, I'll give them candy.  If I tell them that & they go throw a sheet over their head & come back as a ghost, I'll give them candy.  lol  We're also in a small town & I've lived in the same house for almost 10 years, so now all the kids knows the routine.   

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this
I give it to everybody. Parents are welcome to take some too. I buy what I want to give away and then I turn off my light. I don't know why some people make it so complicated.
PrairieKitty
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:15 AM

I give them the canday because I dont want them coming back later and egging my house or breaking my windows. Better a few candies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM
I didn't read your whole post but yes I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Yes. I don't really ask for ages when people come to my door - how does this go? Trick or treat - nope sorry you're not young enough??? That seems like a waste of time and I've never run into anyone who acted that way - If I had I'd just assume they were a grouch and move on. I wouldn't worry about trying to get them to think about what kids could be doing wrong. If they want to be picky about who gets their candy so be it.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I’d give candy to whoever knocks, age doesn’t matter
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM

I agree with you completely.  And yes, I give the teenagers (even if they haven't really made an effort with a costume) candy.  I have NO problem with it.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep.

As long as you have some sort of costume, I will hook you up with candy, regardless of age.
KitschyMeow
by Meow on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no age limit for candy at my house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:20 AM
5 moms liked this

I have a great story about a parent trick or treating.  Little long so bear with me.

My ds was staying home that year with a cold & was helping pass out candy. We get a shit ton of kids, so the doorbell is almost constantly ringing.  It rings & we answered it together & there was a grown man standing there in a princess dress. Tiara, make up, tutu dress, little pink pumpkin, the works.  He looks mortified & says trick or treat.  We're stunned, but just put some candy in his little pumpkin and close the door. We're looking at each other like WTH was that about? Then the doorbell rings again, we answer it and there's a little girl & boy standing there and they are cracking up laughing.  So hard they can barely speak.  They ask "did a guy in a dress get candy from you?" I tell them yes he did.  It was their DAD!  He had lost a bet to them & that was what he had to do.  He had to get 5 houses to actually give him candy & he couldn't tell anyone it was a bet. 

Those kids were LOVING it & I'd bet money it'll be a Halloween they never forget!

Quoting VegetaPrincess: I give it to everybody. Parents are welcome to take some too. I buy what I want to give away and then I turn off my light. I don't know why some people make it so complicated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)