Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow.... Facebook..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

So I clicked on "see friensdhip' for some of my Facebook friends and I seriously have wished some friends a happy birthday on their birthday for the past nine years, and they have never once wished me a happy birthday on mine? Or commented on a post, or anything for that matter. MOst of these were real life friends from college or a neighbor etc.

Hmmm........ do you keep track????

Should I stop  wishing them a happy birthday?????

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM
I don’t sweat it. I wish people a happy birthday to be kind, not because I expect one back.

It’s nice when it’s reciprocated. It I’ve accidentally missed bdays on Facebook. It happens.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:05 AM
I don’t keep track but I somehow remember who wished me HB & who didn’t haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:07 AM
I don't keep track and l never even read the HB wishes people leave on my page.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:10 AM
Maybe you have your birthday set to private so they don't get the notification?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:11 AM

Haha

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: I don’t keep track but I somehow remember who wished me HB & who didn’t haha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:12 AM

No I still get alot - I think I had 120 posts on my page on my last birthday :) yay me

I just think its almost funny that they have never once wished me a bday in 9 years but I have for almost every single birthday in those 9 years but I geuss I just didnt notice LOL

Quoting Anonymous 4: Maybe you have your birthday set to private so they don't get the notification?

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:13 AM
But you know, although an old “friend” born in October ignored my September birthday, I dropped the pettiness and wished her a HB. She didn’t bother to thank me though

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Haha

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: I don’t keep track but I somehow remember who wished me HB & who didn’t haha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:17 AM
I rarely wish people happy birthday on Facebook. I'm not a fan of the attention on my birthday so I just ignore birthdays altogether.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

The world is too electronic when you can keep track of who remembered your birthday. they may just not be big Facebook users. Maybe they just don't wish people happy birthday unless they see them in person. everyone is different.

Don't wish them a happy birthday so that they will owe you a happy birthday back. Wish them a happy birthday if it brings you a small piece of joy to do so. Accept the birthday wishes you get with joy. Try to infuse your life with joy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 24, 2017 at 2:19 AM

i honestly dont pay attention.  I don't even notice when someone has unfriended me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)