Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the lady who caused the birthday invite ban...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I wish that you would go buy pizza for your daughter's class and say it's for everybody BUT the girl who made the fake invite.

Since an unbelievable amount of responders bitched about inviting someone they don't want and have every right to use the school to do so, calling your child an entitled snowflake, should have NO problem with this. Since they all teach their kids not everyone has to be included.

EVEN THOUGH you stated that a rule was broken JUST to humiliate your daughter. Tit for tat since she wants to play that game. Those mothers seem to think it's ok to not invite her since she "intentionally" lost the class a pizza party.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Replies (71-75):
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:30 AM

They weren't a team though. It was a class activity not a regular sports team. LOL. And why can't a kid try? Are you okay with always making a kid feel like shit and like they will never be up to snuff with everyone else? Whatever is going on with that little girl, could be temporary. If we make kids constantly sit down, how do they get stronger? How do they improve? How do they get faster? By DOING. That's how. 

Quoting Anonymous 7:

The daughter should have picked a runner from the class that she knew would be able to win and that way they would be able to have the class pizza party. The girl did not have to have someone at their birthday party that they do not want because your daughter did not want to be a team player.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Having compassion and kindness to everyone with their different abilities is a good lesson, this however was a competition. For example: If I know that I am not good at doing X and the competition involves doing X then I have someone else to do X for me. Op's daughter knows she is not good at X and she should have left someone else do X. Op's daughter could be good at Y and if there is a competition for Y then the other kids who are not good at Y should have her do it for them.

Quoting Anonymous 21:

She could have still had a runner and the team could of still lost because someone else wasn't good enough. Winning isn't a very good lesson here, having compassion and kindness to everyone with their different abilities should be what is being taught.

My daughter is deaf so should she not be allowed to participate in sport because it might cause her team to lose?

My youngest son has very bad gross motor skills.... so should he be banned from playing.

My friends son has down syndrome so should he not be allowed to bat because he will make the team lose? Maybe... just maybe this should be on the teacher and not the students for promising something that would make the kids upset at one person if the whole class failed. I'm pretty sure that some of the other kids would have struck out or been batted out. It takes three people to get out not just one you know per round playing if you know the rules. So all those other kids failed also

Quoting Anonymous 7:

The daughter should have picked a runner from the class that she knew would be able to win and that way they would be able to have the class pizza party. The girl did not have to have someone at their birthday party that they do not want because your daughter did not want to be a team player.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:39 AM

By offering a pizza party for the class that won made it into a competition. The kid did try and lost and then got upset when a girl did not want to invite her to her birthday for the decision she made.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

They weren't a team though. It was a class activity not a regular sports team. LOL. And why can't a kid try? Are you okay with always making a kid feel like shit and like they will never be up to snuff with everyone else? Whatever is going on with that little girl, could be temporary. If we make kids constantly sit down, how do they get stronger? How do they improve? How do they get faster? By DOING. That's how. 

Quoting Anonymous 7:

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:45 AM

That's so stupid it isn't even funny. How do we getting better at anything without TRYING? And what difference does it really make if the point is to have FUN? Sure having pizza is nice, but the fact that the kids focused on winning pizza instead of the real point means that whoever was in charge of the activity did a shitty job of explaining that. Plus, I have participated in games before knowing my weaknesses. And I admit them upfront. "Okay ya'll get ready to laugh because I'm really shitty at this......" I'm usually encouraged to give it a try anyway, and we all get a big laugh out of me making a fool of myself. It's all in good FUN and no one takes it as anything personal. That's called having sportsmanship! Has that term been lost to the ages because people only give a shit about winning?

Quoting Anonymous 7:

Having compassion and kindness to everyone with their different abilities is a good lesson, this however was a competition. For example: If I know that I am not good at doing X and the competition involves doing X then I have someone else to do X for me. Op's daughter knows she is not good at X and she should have left someone else do X. Op's daughter could be good at Y and if there is a competition for Y then the other kids who are not good at Y should have her do it for them.

Quoting Anonymous 21:

She could have still had a runner and the team could of still lost because someone else wasn't good enough. Winning isn't a very good lesson here, having compassion and kindness to everyone with their different abilities should be what is being taught.

My daughter is deaf so should she not be allowed to participate in sport because it might cause her team to lose?

My youngest son has very bad gross motor skills.... so should he be banned from playing.

My friends son has down syndrome so should he not be allowed to bat because he will make the team lose? Maybe... just maybe this should be on the teacher and not the students for promising something that would make the kids upset at one person if the whole class failed. I'm pretty sure that some of the other kids would have struck out or been batted out. It takes three people to get out not just one you know per round playing if you know the rules. So all those other kids failed also

Quoting Anonymous 7:

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:47 AM

Haha.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)