Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you homeschool & are horrible in math...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
How do you expect your kids to be good in math? College math is way harder these days
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Kahn Academy online is fantastic. There are so many resources out there. There are also great programs online to utilize for lessons. I’m sure if a homeschooling mom is resourceful enough she can manage.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:35 PM

There are lots of online programs that can be used in homeschooling and there are lots of homeschooling co-ops where kids get together and are taught a subject by someone qualified.  There are lots of ways to effectively homeschool if you're not good in math.  Good parents who care about their kids education and homeschool will be able to overcome this issue.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Google
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM
#1 I have the teacher's manual
#2 I have my husband who is brilliant in math.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:44 PM
I'm not terrible at math. I'm also not the only resource available to them, so even if I was it wouldn't be an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Most home schoolers do not fully educate their children through high school on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Kahn academy is good if you can grasp it. Many can’t

Quoting Anonymous 2: Kahn Academy online is fantastic. There are so many resources out there. There are also great programs online to utilize for lessons. I’m sure if a homeschooling mom is resourceful enough she can manage.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Nov. 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM
You can enroll in online classes, take classes at local community centers, or arrange for help via a tutor or another homeschooling family. There are whole homeschooling clubs that do this. It can be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM
If I’m bad in math, none of that s going to help

Quoting AngelSinger: You can enroll in online classes, take classes at local community centers, or arrange for help via a tutor or another homeschooling family. There are whole homeschooling clubs that do this. It can be done.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Nov. 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, it will. For the same reason that if you’re bad at math and your kid goes to public school, that will help: someone else is teaching it for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If I�m bad in math, none of that s going to help

Quoting AngelSinger: You can enroll in online classes, take classes at local community centers, or arrange for help via a tutor or another homeschooling family. There are whole homeschooling clubs that do this. It can be done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)