Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’m SO fucking tired of hearing people say “addiction is a disease” there are little kids with cancer that didn’t CHOOSE that disease. They were diagnosed with it. Drug addicts CHOSE to put the needle in their arms and snort a line of cocaine. Don’t tell me “you have a disease” because you’re too fucking weak to overcome you’re addiction! You can easily stop using if you’re strong enough to stop using and if you really want to stop! And anyone that disagrees with this doesn’t know a goddamn thing about addiction! I’m tired of you people with addictions trying to make us feel bad for you because you state it’s a “disease,” the only people I truly feel sorry for are people who are diagnosed with a DISEASE!
by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Replies (321-323):
Peanuts1962s
by on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:55 PM
Youre still making the CHOICE to make bad decisions, justifying them with sadness.

Quoting Anonymous 68: I have a question for you since you've obviously never experienced addiction personally. How would you feel if you had to make a decision to pull the plug on let's say your own husband, how easy would that decision be? Would you be emotional? Do you think you would be able to focus 100% on driving yourself to and from the hospital to see him and driving to and from his funeral? Or do you think that maybe it would be so emotional and heart wrenching that your driving skills or personal hygiene skills may be lacking for a little while? It's not a great analogy but, I'm just trying to get you to realize that being an addict is not black and white like you think. Stopping is not easy. Wanting to stop is easy, it's the actual getting clean and staying clean for years that is very difficult. When your brain is clouded with drug/alcohol use you don't make good rational decisions. You literally are not thinking straight.

Quoting Anonymous 69: I agree. My son is a police officer in DUI & narcotics enforcement, and a MIL who is an alcoholic who doesn't really want to change - she's happy blaming everyone else for her problems. So, he's had a lot of training, and experience. Cancer is a disease. Addiction is a choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:58 PM
Choosing to do drugs is not the same thing as choosing an addiction. Some people have a harder time with addiction than others. I have COPD. Caused by smoking. I chose to smoke but my COPD is a real disease. It may be my own fault for being sick but I didnt choose to be sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 83 on Nov. 13, 2017 at 8:18 PM
People with diabetes usually don’t go around stealing crap and leaving dirty needles everywhere.

Quoting SueWanda: You have a lot of anger in you. Are diabetes and skin cancer also not diseases? I mean, fatty can put down the fork and use sunscreen right? What about STD’s? Condoms have been around forever and you don’t have to fuck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)