Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever boycotted anything?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies

What and why?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM
McDonald’s!!!!

We went through the drive thru before school on state test day. We NEVER eat fast food for breakfast. This was supposed to be a special treat because of testing. My DD’s sandwich was so not what she ordered and covered in black pepper that she couldn’t even eat it.

So, not only was the special treat a bust, I was also that mom who sends her kid to school without breakfast on test day.

I was so mad that I boycotted them for over a year and ranted about “the enemy” anytime anyone suggested going there.

True story. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM
15 moms liked this
Tom Cruise movies. He is a sick fuck with that Scientology bullshit.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:04 AM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this
I’ve never disliked anything that much to “boycott” it. If I don’t like something, I just don’t do it/eat it/but it. There’s no greater “protest” about it.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM
6 moms liked this

Not publicly. More often than not that’s the perfect way to ensure that becomes more popular. I simply don’t buy a certain product or go to a certain business if they go against my beliefs. But I don’t go around announcing it.

larschick
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:08 AM
The long Johns in our town. Sat in line for about 20 minutes i paid for it, food order was wrong & missing hush puppies - they argued with me about the amount they gave me. It was horrible! When i tried to complain there was no corporate person to complain to only the manager that messed everything up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM
I boycotted a local restaurant because the owner was screwing the high school students who worked there out of their tips. Many customers did the same thing. We only went back because the owner stopped doing it.

I also refuse to watch anything with Tom Cruise because of his role in Scientology. It was good to read another member is doing the same.

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't go to some chain restaurants and fast food chains because they had long-standing histories(many incidents) of discrimination against customers or employees, because they tried to get their religious beliefs made into laws, because they made changes to deny employees health insurance, things like that.  

We don't watch Tom Cruise or Jim Carey movies because of his (and Scientology's in general) stance that mental illness doesn't exist, medications for it should never be used, Scientology is all yu need, blah blah blah.

I boycot companies and individuals who I feel are harming others by their actions or statements.

Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I was just watching Leah remini’s show last night on Scientology. I am shocked by what goes on in the sea org. Disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Tom Cruise movies. He is a sick fuck with that Scientology bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
We haven’t bought a nestle product in about 12 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)