Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lie and say I got burned.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 304 Replies

so I got a new tattoo on saturday and I have to keep the clear bandage on(I can't remember the name) until Friday. that allows the plasma to return to your body and promotes better healing. anyway, so this big bandage covering my arm from my wrist to my elbow has turned into a bubble of plasma and ink. so I covered it with one of dh's nursing tattoo covers and went to work(I'm a waitress so I have to cover healing tattoos anyway). obviously, you can still see the bubble under this "sleeve" and people ask me about it so I just say I burned myself really badly trying out our new turkey fryer. it'll be kinda funny when I go back to work this weekend and I have a tattoo instead of a burn.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:07 PM
8 moms liked this
When did you get the tattoo? I have 9 tattoos and have never had to keep the plastic on for more than a half a day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:07 PM
4 moms liked this
I have extensive tattoos and have never been told to leave the bandage on. The air is what help it heal the best.
HoneyedMacabre
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, that will be hysterical.....

Image result for confused gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM

it's not plastic its a bandage. its supposed to stay on

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: When did you get the tattoo? I have 9 tattoos and have never had to keep the plastic on for more than a half a day.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I’ve never had a bandage on my tattoos.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this
What is the point in lying exactly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM

washing the plasma away is why fading shows up plus the scabs and this bandage skips the scabbing phase

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have extensive tattoos and have never been told to leave the bandage on. The air is what help it heal the best.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM
Why lie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM

its a newer thing my first 3 has the cling film and tape, my last 2 had the bandages.

Quoting Ted1242: I’ve never had a bandage on my tattoos.

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM
I’ve never had a bandage on any of my tattoos. It’s best to leave them to breathe and apply ointment

Quoting Anonymous 1:

it's not plastic its a bandage. its supposed to stay on

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: When did you get the tattoo? I have 9 tattoos and have never had to keep the plastic on for more than a half a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)