Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was mother-in-law trashy or with sister-in-law selfish make her leave

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
Sil got married in Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding with family and close friends and she and her fiance paid for it themselves. After they were pronounced husband wife and walk down the aisle my mil said " hang on everyone, me and David (her bf) are getting married too." At first I was kind of confused because I didn't know why that wouldn't be in the program or even mentioned and then I saw the look on sister-in-law's face and realize that this wasn't planned at least not by her. Her new husband and asked everybody to please go into the reception-room that they were having cocktail hour and they would be in there soon. Mil again tried to get everybody to sit back down for their "wedding". As it was my sister-in-law's wedding I did as they requested and my husband and I went into the reception room where a whole lot of people were snickering about how freaking tacky that was.

Well mil never showed up to the reception. At first I thought that she was taking pictures but they called us out to do a group picture with the family and of course we are included in that and she wasn't there. I asked my sister-in-law and she told her to leave. A few minutes later I got a notification on my phone from my mother-in-law saying that she can't believe her hateful daughter could not share a few minutes of the day and that she has been kicked out of her own daughter's wedding when she didn't do anything that harmed anything. And then tagged me as well as a whole list of other people who should have stuck up for her and should have sat down to watch her get married and how she's so upset that we can't sll just be happy for her. I removed myself from the post and enjoyed my sister-in-law's reception.

Anyway I have not heard from my mother-in-law since and I just cannot believe how tacky she was to do that. There were a few people who thought it was a little rude for my sister-in-law to make her leave but I just can't fathom what was going through her head to think it was okay to do that. She's written several posts about how she is sorry she didn't think it was a big deal because she thought since they had already paid for the ceremony site and it was already decorated so why not just go ahead and use it. But I feel like if she really felt that way and she didn't think it was a problem why wouldn't she have asked ahead of time?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Bump
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Wtf?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow. Im team sil. Thats just wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM
That's what I thought. I think it's probably pretty clear to you at this point why we don't spend a lot of time with my mother-in-law

Quoting mama_danetta: Wtf?
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I would have kicked MIL out too. Fuck her for trying to tag along on my wedding day.
mama2KiraEthan
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Your MIL was trashy for doing that. I wouldn't want to share my wedding day with my mother. I would have been fuming and probably would ask my mother to leave. MIL was just rude and wrong.

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow and I thought it was bad enough when people take advantage of the reception and use it as a time to propose to their own significant others.

MIL was beyond tacky.  She should have cleared it with the bride and groom before doing something like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM
I'm team SIL.
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mother in law goes far beyond trashy...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! I agree with your sil.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)