Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever gotten?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
I got some ugly Christmas sweaters
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
The Christmas after my youngest son was born my husband got me a bathroom scale😳 my son was a month old! He didn’t even think how it looked, he’d just heard me say I needed to buy one so he got it. It wouldn’t have been so bad but for our anniversary earlier in the year he bought me a vacuum!!! My postpartum hormones translated the gifts into I’m fat and my house is dirty. That pregnancy made me crazy, I’m surprised my husband didn’t divorce me lol!
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM

A second hand dress that smelled musty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM
4 moms liked this
My mother in law handing my dh's brother's girlfriend gift after gift and then turning to me and saying - Sorry but we didn't think to get you anything.

That hurt.
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Quoting nanasue31204: The Christmas after my youngest son was born my husband got me a bathroom scale😳 my son was a month old! He didn’t even think how it looked, he’d just heard me say I needed to buy one so he got it. It wouldn’t have been so bad but for our anniversary earlier in the year he bought me a vacuum!!! My postpartum hormones translated the gifts into I’m fat and my house is dirty. That pregnancy made me crazy, I’m surprised my husband didn’t divorce me lol!

livric
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:05 PM

My DH got me a clothes line :/  seriously... A. Clothes. Line...............  :/  and that was the only thing I got for Christmas!!  lol

diamondsandpear
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM
My ex mil got me a gift set from bath and body works and said "it's my favorite smell, so I'm sure you would love it." Uh cuz how hard would it have been to call your son and ask what his wife likes?!?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:10 PM
My inlaws did that to us both one year. Not mil or anything, but every single person got multiple gifts. My kid got a flashlight and a coloring book and sat there watching other kids get game systems and a bunch of games.

My husband and i were handed a christmas card and she said 'sorry, i ran out of money'. (Which was not likely)

Quoting Anonymous 2: My mother in law handing my dh's brother's girlfriend gift after gift and then turning to me and saying - Sorry but we didn't think to get you anything.

That hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:14 PM
I splurged on my husband last year. Got him 2 new video games, a book and clothes. He got me a pillow. A FUCKING PILLOW. I am only shopping for my kids this year.
itzbrandyy
by SugarPlum🌻 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:15 PM
Nothing, it’s been a few years since i haven’t received a gift, but the last one that i do remember getting was socks, thanks to my aunt haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Last year my Aunt gave me a cloth headband...hipster style. It doesn't hold my hair anyways, and that is not my style. I feel bad, but I was a bit disappointed when I opened that little box, especially as an aspiring minimalist. I don't like having things things I won't use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)