Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

She’s working really hard and learning her patterns and enjoying it more. Tae kwon do is really doing great for her attention. She’s also building some awesome confidence. I was worried in the beginning that she wouldn’t take well to things that are new and harder. However she tries and I encourage her with smiles and praise.

I’m super proud of her. :) She’s definitely the one thing that makes me so happy.
by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM
Replies (41-49):
WickedPissah
by awestomy on Nov. 15, 2017 at 8:25 AM
She looks like a sweet girl.

I admire you.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Thank you. This girl makes me so damn happy.

Quoting WickedPissah: Congrats.

And she's a beautiful mix between you and her dad 💜☺️
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Wow. Thank you.

Quoting WickedPissah: She looks like a sweet girl.

I admire you.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Thank you. This girl makes me so damn happy.

Quoting WickedPissah: Congrats.

And she's a beautiful mix between you and her dad 💜☺️
Cali-Zona
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 8:53 AM
That’s awesome! My 9 year old has been in TKD for 2 1/2 years now. She’s set to test for her black belt december of next year. It’s been an awesome experience & an amazing journey.
Cali-Zona
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:01 AM
The school my ODD trains at has scheduled testings so there is a basic time frame as to when she’ll be able to test for black belt. However, if she tests but doesn’t show that she has met the skill requirements, they will not move her forward & it will set her back. Right now, she’s on track to test for her 1st degree next December. But there is also the possibility that she could test & not pass. The school she trains at is very serious about their reputation & not just handing out black belts. If you don’t meet their requirements, they won’t pass you.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Some studios are belt factories and based on time rather than skill.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How old are your kids and how do you know they are a year out from being black belts, it isn't based on time.

Quoting MommyBoha: Love it!!! My two are black belts in tang soo do, and are a year out from being black belts in tae Kwon do. It's been wonderful for them. My oldest even broke a cinder block last year, bare handed!

Congrats to her! Keep it up

katcb1019
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:04 AM
that's awesome!
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:09 AM
Our dojang doesn’t do that and I’m happy for it. It’s smaller so I think that helps. The master sees the progress of each student and then plans testing around that. Dd doesn’t pick up on things as quickly as other students so having no timeline for her is helpful. She can go at her own pace.

Quoting Cali-Zona: The school my ODD trains at has scheduled testings so there is a basic time frame as to when she’ll be able to test for black belt. However, if she tests but doesn’t show that she has met the skill requirements, they will not move her forward & it will set her back. Right now, she’s on track to test for her 1st degree next December. But there is also the possibility that she could test & not pass. The school she trains at is very serious about their reputation & not just handing out black belts. If you don’t meet their requirements, they won’t pass you.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Some studios are belt factories and based on time rather than skill.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How old are your kids and how do you know they are a year out from being black belts, it isn't based on time.

Quoting MommyBoha: Love it!!! My two are black belts in tang soo do, and are a year out from being black belts in tae Kwon do. It's been wonderful for them. My oldest even broke a cinder block last year, bare handed!

Cali-Zona
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Our school is a pretty small school as well. My ODD didn’t catch on very quickly at first either. At the time it was 12 weeks between testings & she had to work really hard. She’s been at it since she was 6 1/2, she’s 9 now & it’s like 2nd nature. The forms were very awkward for her at first, but she’s gotten so much better at them. It takes a lot of practice & a lot of hard work. It’s been worth it.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Our dojang doesn’t do that and I’m happy for it. It’s smaller so I think that helps. The master sees the progress of each student and then plans testing around that. Dd doesn’t pick up on things as quickly as other students so having no timeline for her is helpful. She can go at her own pace.

Quoting Cali-Zona: The school my ODD trains at has scheduled testings so there is a basic time frame as to when she’ll be able to test for black belt. However, if she tests but doesn’t show that she has met the skill requirements, they will not move her forward & it will set her back. Right now, she’s on track to test for her 1st degree next December. But there is also the possibility that she could test & not pass. The school she trains at is very serious about their reputation & not just handing out black belts. If you don’t meet their requirements, they won’t pass you.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Aw, so cute. Congratulations to her and you.
zandhmom2
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Congrats to her! And Wow, she looks just like you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)