Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any scorpion owners in here?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 11:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
My husband won a scorpion & brought it home. It creeps me out & I have named it Nope, but that being said I generally love animals & so I'd like Nope to have the best possible environment in his tank.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of live plants are good for a scorpion tank (and good for his crickets as well). Also, if your scorpions prefer prey other than crickets. I prefer cats & dogs, so I know zip about little creepies.
by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2017 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had a scorpion, but a tarantula. I had what I think is called reptile bark. I think they requirre similar care.

Maybe Petco has one of those little care pamphlets on them.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 14, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Mobile Photo

This is Nope, btw.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Bump
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
What kind of contest hands out scorpions?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Awwwm. Hes kinda cute. Lol. I'm not a scorpion fan, but he's cute. Im more of a spider fan. I like his pinchers though.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

Mobile Photo

This is Nope, btw.
REmom616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Nope looks huge! What kind of scorpion is it? I'm of no help as I'm a desert dweller and anytime I see bark scorpions they are smashed on the spot! Bump for you
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM
A guy he works with has them. I don't know why DH thought it was a good idea to enter lol.

Quoting Ted1242: What kind of contest hands out scorpions?
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
African Red Claw? Not venomous, from what I understand. I've been told his pinch is actually worse than his sting would be. No plans on testing that. Don't blame you for the bark scorpions though. I'd be stomping them too.

Quoting REmom616: Nope looks huge! What kind of scorpion is it? I'm of no help as I'm a desert dweller and anytime I see bark scorpions they are smashed on the spot! Bump for you
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I’d ask for the runner up prize. Lol

We had sun scorpions in our house. That was enough for me.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.: A guy he works with has them. I don't know why DH thought it was a good idea to enter lol.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 15, 2017 at 12:19 AM
I think the first two winners got scorpions, DH just got to pick which one he wanted first. I can't remember what the other was, but I think Nope is the more territorial one. I know we can't get him a friend, because they might get cannibalistic.

I'd have preferred a puppy 😂

Quoting Ted1242: I’d ask for the runner up prize. Lol

We had sun scorpions in our house. That was enough for me.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.: A guy he works with has them. I don't know why DH thought it was a good idea to enter lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)