Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is your view on religion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 385 Replies
1 mom liked this

I believe in god but not religion. I was born and raised catholic and even married catholic. However when we were broke and living in low income housing they sent us a letter saying we needed to contribute more . I left the church and never went back. I can pray to god as easy in my own home. And i do nightly.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it brings some, personal peace. As a whole, I think it creates separation and anger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM
12 moms liked this
I think some people need something to believe in because they can't believe in themselves.
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think having a community of believers is important to my own spiritual growth. It provides a lot of necessary things that I wouldn’t have if I practiced alone.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

There's a chance the church that sent you that letter did so because you were on a mailing list and they didn't weed out who could help and who couldn't. 

IOW, it possibly wasn't deliberate.

As for religion, I'm of the whatever tickles your pickle thinking. As long as religion isn't forced on others, I am good to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM
8 moms liked this
God/religion is 100% man made with the intent to control the masses.
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:21 AM
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

A Google search of George Carlin should to the trick. But in case you're feeling lazy, I'll add a good one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a devout Roman Catholic and my kids are raised the same.  

P.S. that was your church not the religion.  I have never donated more than $1 an adult and .50 for kids during mass.  So we donate only $3 a week they have no idea how much we donate as we do it during mass.  We have never used the envelopes.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I personally don't believe in a god or higher power, and I want nothing to do with religion in general. I think individually it can be good for people to bring them comfort. As a whole, it brings anger and separation, as Anon 2 stated. I have no use for something that can do such horrible things to people for not following what a particular religion believes. I also believe it was made up simply to control people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
you'd have to define religion but I think its human nature to hold an ideology, whether its a religion or some secular one everyone does it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)