Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those of you that don't get along with your in laws or family

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:17 AM
  • 59 Replies
How do you and your spouse deal with the holidays?
by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:20 AM
We have always felt holidays are for immediate family. So it was never an issue for us. It wasnt an issue for my mother until I had a little girl. Then she lost her mind ended up in prison and is now dead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:31 AM
I dont talk to my family that I hate. Makes it pretty easy to avoid them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:33 AM

My family was never close, neither were my in-laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Very easy, we started our own traditions with our kids and did not get anyone else involved in those traditions. We also moved very far away from my in-laws, so we never see them. Even when we lived in the same city, only my mil would stop by our place maybe once a month just to see the kids for a little bit, but she never stayed any longer than that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:42 AM
Oh jeez, when when she die? I remember your posts about the troubles you were having with her. Didn't seem too long ago.

Quoting Talkingheads: We have always felt holidays are for immediate family. So it was never an issue for us. It wasnt an issue for my mother until I had a little girl. Then she lost her mind ended up in prison and is now dead
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:44 AM

I just make plans with my family every holiday and DH goes along with it.  Sometimes he will take the kids over there at night to say hello. 

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:58 AM
It started last year about this time because I refused to host Thanksgiving. She thought my stance on holidays would change because of my daughter and that we lost our home in Mathew. It escalated quickly. She was sentenced in May for felonius stalking. She died in prison

Quoting Anonymous 4: Oh jeez, when when she die? I remember your posts about the troubles you were having with her. Didn't seem too long ago.

Quoting Talkingheads: We have always felt holidays are for immediate family. So it was never an issue for us. It wasnt an issue for my mother until I had a little girl. Then she lost her mind ended up in prison and is now dead
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:58 AM
I suck it up and go with DH when we do go. DH doesn’t like how they treat us, so he doesn’t go very often. This year we’re avoiding everyone and going on vacation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:07 AM

DH has cut most of his family off, the ones we don't talk to anyway such as MIL. I use to try with them and always wanted everyone together for the holidays for the sake of the kids but now I'm following DH lead and we have nothing to do with them.  I'll give my DH the credit he deserves, he was right, the holidays are so much better and enjoyable without having to worry about what drama they'll bring.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Make my own plans without them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)