Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're devastated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 333 Replies
My fiance had a child when he was 19. His BM never let him see his son. Somehow she got a restraining order against him and had his parental rights terminated. He never abused his son. He tired to be there for him but had nothing and was homeless for a little while.

We are getting married and I wanted my fiance to adopt my daughter. He has been there for me from when I was a few months pregnant. My fiance has raised her since day 1 because my exbf left and didn't want anything to do with us. We talked to a lawyer this morning and she said it would be impossible because my fiance had his rights terminated and we'd be lucky to find a judge that would allow my fiance to adopt.

I'm just so sick and upset. He wasn't given a fair chance. BM sprung the termination on him and his lawyer wouldn't help us that much. I'm sorry. I needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:18 PM
17 moms liked this
I can't muster any sympathy for a dead beat dad and a woman that's stupid enough to believe his sob story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM
I was there with him during court so I know.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't muster any sympathy for a dead beat dad and a woman that's stupid enough to believe his sob story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Did you put exbf's name on her birthday certificate?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Did you put exbf's name on her birthday certificate?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Yeah, I got no sympathy for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Aren't you lovely. It wasn't my France's fault BM is bitter.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yeah, I got no sympathy for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:24 PM
8 moms liked this
Sorry, I don't buy it. It is not easy to terminate parental rights without cps intervention.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Aren't you lovely. It wasn't my France's fault BM is bitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM
This. What a loser.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't muster any sympathy for a dead beat dad and a woman that's stupid enough to believe his sob story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Cps was never involved. She filed it as abandonment because she refused to let my fiance see his own child.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Sorry, I don't buy it. It is not easy to terminate parental rights without cps intervention.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Aren't you lovely. It wasn't my France's fault BM is bitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM
5 moms liked this
How sucky. I wish people would understand not everything is black and white.. Or not every father child situation is the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)