Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Boys in dance class

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 162 Replies

Another poster said her boy is in dance class. My son would have no interest but even if he did I think my husband would die. Would your husband encourage your son to do dance? I mean I think if you let it pass they would move on to something else. Wouldn't you worry about them being bullied? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iampavlov
by RingTheBell on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Of course he would, he's not a neanderthal idiot & no, neither of us would worry about bullying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this
If he wanted to sure. Dh would not have a problem with it. Male dancers are amazing. Their physic is so muscular.
KitschyAF
by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM
7 moms liked this

My husband had no issue with it. Really what ever makes my kid happy, I want to support. Would he have moved on to something else? I don't know maybe. Or maybe he'd go his whole life wondering what if. I did worry about bullying and my son kept it a secret at school until this year. He pretty popular in general though and he said the boys are very accepting. A few of the girls give him a hard time but there is another boy who wants to be in ballet too now.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband would not bring up dancing for his son, no.  If the kid wanted to he would take him .  And really who is supposed to play the boy parts in the play-girls??  That would be wrong too lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he wanted to sure. Dh would not have a problem with it. Male dancers are amazing. Their physic is so muscular.

Would you think maybe your son was gay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Is he gay? I don't know any male dancers who aren't.

Quoting KitschyAF:

My husband had no issue with it. Really wahtever makes my kid happy, I want to support. Would he have moved on to something else? I don't know maybe. Or maybe he'd go his whole life wondering what if. I did worry about bullying and my son kept it a secret at school until this year. He pretty popular in general though and he said the boys are very accepting. A few of the girls give him a hard time but there is another boy who wants to be in ballet too now.

Google_Me_Now
by Don’t Trust Google on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not care. It’s just like them doing cheerleading, or gymnastics...
iampavlov
by RingTheBell on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM
4 moms liked this

OMG!! The stupid!! It hurts

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he wanted to sure. Dh would not have a problem with it. Male dancers are amazing. Their physic is so muscular.

Would you think maybe your son was gay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM
I wouldn't allow it. I don't care if it's pc or not.
KitschyAF
by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM
6 moms liked this

Not that I know of. I mean he's 7. He seems pretty in to girls as much as a 7 year old would be. If he is or isn't doesn't concern me and it's not like keeping him out of dance would change his sexuality.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Is he gay? I don't know any male dancers who aren't.

Quoting KitschyAF:

My husband had no issue with it. Really wahtever makes my kid happy, I want to support. Would he have moved on to something else? I don't know maybe. Or maybe he'd go his whole life wondering what if. I did worry about bullying and my son kept it a secret at school until this year. He pretty popular in general though and he said the boys are very accepting. A few of the girls give him a hard time but there is another boy who wants to be in ballet too now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)