Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's gonna be going without supper

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 272 Replies
I am fuming pissed at DD right now. She's 6 and in 1st grade. She did 4K and kindergarten at this school. She knows the rules. Basically, they're only allowed to buy school food when they have permission. I've had to address her buying milk and breakfast on many occasions.

Money has been tight lately. I've had the kids charging lunch at school so I could focus grocery money on breakfast and dinner. Wednesday, I was able to pay off the balance. I got my notification that the account was positive. I didn't pay attention to the notice yesterday because I get a message whenever it's below $15. I logged in just a bit ago to double check the times for parent teacher conferences tomorrow and it said the account was negative.

What?! No one should have bought anything yesterday. How did it go negative? She bought breakfast with milk and bought milk at milk break.

I'm done. I'm gonna tell her tomorrow that I only need to provide her with 3 meals a day. If she chooses to make her 3rd meal a second breakfast, I'm not giving her dinner.

ETA: I responded to the first comment and then fell asleep. Im still reading through comments.
I
She'sbeing punished for milk. The kids aren't supposed to buy milk at school and if they want milk, I bought them bottles to take milk to school.

No, what she's being punished for buying breakfast. Breakfast is provided at home. If we're running late and they wouldn't be able eat before getting on the bus, I have them miss the bus in order to eat. Right now, it's usually oatmeal. A can of oats is $2.35 and lasts a week versus a box of cereal that costs nearly $5 and lasts 3 days. Sometimes, I cook eggs. Both kids are excused from the table when they tell me they're full. My breakfast is going behind the kids and eating what was left.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Why not let her teacher or school know she should not be getting breakfast? That seems like a far better option than taking away basic needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:10 AM
They can't stop her. If she gets in line, policy is to give them food and charge the family account.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why not let her teacher or school know she should not be getting breakfast? That seems like a far better option than taking away basic needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:14 AM
You don't sound good here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:15 AM
Poor kid. I'd make her do chores to work it off don't refuse her dinner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to deny her food?

That's not cool
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Its abuse to deny a child food
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 3:55 AM
So you don't have a solution better than to take away basic needs of your child?

Why not have her pay you back? Why not find out why she's getting breakfast again?

Quoting Anonymous 1: They can't stop her. If she gets in line, policy is to give them food and charge the family account.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why not let her teacher or school know she should not be getting breakfast? That seems like a far better option than taking away basic needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:19 AM
8 moms liked this
Some people shouldn't have children.
skipp2
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 5:58 AM
5 moms liked this

You're right. People like OP, who deny their kids basic food make me irrationally ragey. It's milk FFS, and now due to the child having milk she's not going to get dinner. Simpleton logic at it's finest.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Some people shouldn't have children.

skipp2
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 6:02 AM
13 moms liked this

Why are you making this her problem? Why not talk to the school, most places have reduced or free milk programs. And if they don't then you need to grow up and find a way to provide it and stop putting your adult problems on your child.

Denying her food is not the answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)